one facing in one facing out

stink 'N linc 'N

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Can any 2 subs be put in a box , with one facing into the box and the other facing to the outside? Does each sub location have to be sealed off from the other sub. ??

it isnt a very good idea to do that.. the sound quality will be crappy... if your goin with 2 12"s it would be best to get the same brand.. same size.. and put em in the same way .. dont go experimentin to far.. you might end up with a hole in the wallet lol

Yes you can have one sub face out and the other as out. Its purely a show off thing but they will work fine unless you are going for a sound Q competition or a really keen ear. They make boxes specially for this called flip ports we get them at the shop all the time. Matter of fact I had 2 15 inch RF T1s in a lil chevy blazer I used for a trail rig and it hit hard enough that it ended up busted the back glass. The seals around the back glass was bad and it beat the window against metal and POW.

it isnt a very good idea to do that.. the sound quality will be crappy...

this is completely false. all you would have to do is wire one the opposite as the other so they both move in and out together. the only change in sound would be due to more airspace with the speaker magnet on the outside of the box. in my set up, both my subs are inverted and they play slightly deeper then if i turn them around but the difference in negligible.

BTW stinkN, we cant see your pics because your myspace is private, whats your setup?

Members online

No members online now.
Back