OMG my Gen II is fast now

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I just replaced the IMRC control motor and this thing runs side by side with my Brothers 93. If your IMRCs are not working right, your not driving a Mark VIII.

So now I have a question. My IMRC motor wasn't working since I have bought the car at 60,000 miles. I had the IMRC plates cleaned at 68,000 miles but the motor wasn't replaced. So it has been stuck till now at 110,000 miles. Should I do seafoam or not. I don't want all the gunk that has been there to mess the IMRCs but I wanna clean it. Do you did if I run seafoam, it would get them stuck some how?

what is this IMRC motor you speak of? I have heard that all of ford's modular motors have it, but what exactly does it do? do they fail often? can the be replaced easily? are they crucial to performance???

thanks, i know that is a lot of questions

what is this IMRC motor you speak of? I have heard that all of ford's modular motors have it, but what exactly does it do? do they fail often? can the be replaced easily? are they crucial to performance???

thanks, i know that is a lot of questions

On the Gen I, the IMRC are controlled by vaccum so they don't have an electric motor. They should open at 3200 RPM at right about 30 MPH. You should feel an extra kick of power at that point. They are very crucial to performance because I feel alot of difference up top. One thread that I read was about IMRCs not opening but he fixed it and gained .3 in the quater mile. I don't know where they are not the Gen Is but in the Gen II its under the intake manifold. So no they are not easily replace, need to about 3 hours to do it.

Generally MIL's are used when there is an emissions problem. Something fails that effects an emissions system. IMRC's shouldn't affect an emissions system as all they affect is airflow into the cylinders in a way to increase low end torque and high end hp.

I wonder if mine are woking? Gen1, Not a whole lot of power down low but does kick in around 3,500 rpm's.

Check 'em turborich. Shine a light down the back and watch for the IMRC 'arm' movement as you either rev up the engine or unplug / plug in the solenoid. I do it quite often to check mine are free.

Check 'em turborich. Shine a light down the back and watch for the IMRC 'arm' movement as you either rev up the engine or unplug / plug in the solenoid. I do it quite often to check mine are free.

Does the engine have to be on when you check the IMRC 'arm'? Where is the selenoid located on a 95? I'm would like to test mine out. Shine a light down where?

I'll snap a few pics tomorrow, Abe, showing exactly what i do. (unless someone beats me to it)

Does the engine have to be on when you check the IMRC 'arm'? Where is the selenoid located on a 95? I'm would like to test mine out. Shine a light down where?

look on the passenger side of the motor, right behind the crossover tube, directly behind the coolant temp sensor.. you should be able to see the "end" of the shaft sticking out of the manifold.

you should be able to have someone start the motor and watch that shaft turn.

The first gens..IMRC are open when the engine is off {zero vacuum)
Then when you start the motor, the IMRC's snap closed as vacuum is applied to the soleniod

It's fairly easy to verify on a first gen, the drivers side shaft is a little harder to see, but once you find the passenger side shaft..then you'll know what you are looking for.

Well I just did a 0-100 on video and got 16 seconds to 100 MPH vs before which was 21 seconds. Hell 5 seconds improvemment just because of a stupid motor.

Well I just replaced the IMRC control motor and this thing runs side by side with my Brothers 93. If your IMRCs are not working right, your not driving a Mark VIII.

So now I have a question. My IMRC motor wasn't working since I have bought the car at 60,000 miles. I had the IMRC plates cleaned at 68,000 miles but the motor wasn't replaced. So it has been stuck till now at 110,000 miles. Should I do seafoam or not. I don't want all the gunk that has been there to mess the IMRCs but I wanna clean it. Do you did if I run seafoam, it would get them stuck some how?
I have 98 Mark And my IMRC are stuck close where are they located so I can cleaned them and how do I get to them ?

Same question here... my 98 LSC with 63k miles will take off but it feels like something is missing from maybe 3k RPMS. I remember my 94 Mark was a good amount quicker, even though it was like over 300k miles

I have 98 Mark And my IMRC are stuck close where are they located so I can cleaned them and how do I get to them ?
Between the intake and the head
If you take off the upper intake dont lose the 2 oval gaskets. They are not made anymore

These can get stuck from dirt and not be lubricated. My passenger side got stock. You can reach behind the back of the head and firewall. There is a lever that the motor pulls. Its spring loaded and can get stuck. I sprayed silicone lubricant and used my hand to move this back and forth with the motor off. I spray silicone every oil change (mostly) and haven't had the issue return.
Search there are lots of posts providing details.

Thank you... I am going to roll my sleeves up tomorrow to check into this on my car while checking into the possibility of a problem with my overdrive servo. My car just feels like the power drops off just after take off, and comes on strong again after 3000-3500 RPM's.

Members online

Back