Old School Luxury - my 1952 Buick Roadmaster

Probesport

New LVC Member
Reaction score
New here, figured I would post some of my other cars, here is my 1952 Buick Roadmaster, w/320 CID straight eight. Loaded, power steering, first production 4 barrel carb, all coil susp, etc.

Its actually undergoing the knife right now with some fresh paint, chrome smoothies, 3" wide whites and all of the other associated accoutrement.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Thats a beautiful car. I love the old classic cars. From a different era, but very cool.
My father has a '56 Lincoln Premier 2 door hard top, with the 368ci engine.

Hey now that buick is something I didn't expect to find on this forum. Very nice!

Here is one of my other toys its a 52 pontiac (it has a long way to go but it was a cheap hardtop straight off the farm)

12-22003.jpg

hardtop10-2-X.jpg

s.

LOL look at that old slingshot in the rafters.....whats the story on that ?
Nice 52 pontiac :cool:

LOL look at that old slingshot in the rafters.....whats the story on that ?
Nice 52 pontiac :cool:

Its an old dean moon setup from back in the day. The shop owner is gracious enough to cut us a deal on storing our "projects", use his lift, tools etc. We help each other out, just to get out of the house and get our hands dirty.

Here is a couple other pics, the first one is a rare moment when we were swapping some of the projects to different bays (trying to find some working room), the others are misc projects, I apologize if this is OT.

Gathering011.jpg

010-1.jpg

009.jpg

eco002.jpg

s.

Cool pics,
I love the history nothing like old dean moon "Old moon eyes " :cool:
I like the old skol stuff you cant beat it :)
Its were hotrodding car building car racing came from.
Enjoy my 35...my dad he built it in his late 60-early 70ish years "rest his soul" God I miss that old man :(
hemi.jpg

35front.jpg

35back.jpg

This is what is was at the start I thought he was crazy for starting it at such a old age.

plymfield.jpg

fordnut,

I tried to send you a pm but I must not have permission yet.

Have you heard of the Jalopy Journal? A very good source for traditional rod/custom info.

s.

I forgot all about this thread - nice pics of the 35.

Here are some updates of that same Buick and recent work that has been done

p3.jpg

p8.jpg

p14.jpg

p18.jpg

p19.jpg

clear1.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

DSCF0196.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

Finished the 12v conversion & replaced all wiring, installed door poppers w/remote, converted to disc brakes, painted engine bay & firewall black, and probably a ton more that I forgot about.

fordnut,

I tried to send you a pm but I must not have permission yet.

Have you heard of the Jalopy Journal? A very good source for traditional rod/custom info.

s.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/
looks cool I will check it out :)

I forgot all about this thread - nice pics of the 35.

Finished the 12v conversion & replaced all wiring, installed door poppers w/remote, converted to disc brakes, painted engine bay & firewall black, and probably a ton more that I forgot about.

Thats one nice 1952 Buick :cool:

Whose got the belly racer in those pics of the shop?

The shop owner has the black and white beast

010-1.jpg

The shop owners dad has a couple, the latest is just barely visible between my pontiac and the bonneville bus

grill4.jpg

This one is from back in the day (bonneville early 60's and a better recent pic)

johnsonshipley007.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0006.jpg

johnsonshipley008.jpg

s.

Some nice stuff you just don't see anymore :(
A guy that was a Bonneville Salt racer bought my mothers house cause it had a huge almost 6 car garage. Unfortunately his father closed down the machine shop he worked at and he sold off all his race cars :confused:

House is no up for sale again cause it was a 1 bathroom house and I think his family is growing?

Other than that I worked for a used car dealership that was way big into Pontaics and Buicks of old.
Tried to get my father to pick this rare car up but he had already picked up a old SL.
0404081330b.jpg

This guy had an original Hudson Hollywood
0404081322b.jpg

Tons of Metro's...
0404081302c.jpg

And stuff from his front garage..
0404081329a.jpg

and EVERYTHING was for sale :cool:

Members online

Back