Oil Pressure Switch Problem

codewize

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This is an 89 Seville STS 4.5L 273. I had the oil pressure sensor / switch replaced because I thought it was leaking. Then I had a problem where I plug came off and the car wouldn't start. I cursed my mechanic and tried to put it back on. At the time it appeared that the plug had been broken so I did the best I could.

The same thing happened again today so pulled the air box out to get a better look and it's kind of strange. Usually a plug will go over the sensor and seal with a rubber housing sort of. This is not even close. The sensor and the plug are the same size and they but together. If you let go it falls off. There's some type of retainer thing there that doesn't work for crap.

Did someone put the wrong size sensor in here or is this a total design flaw and how the heck do I get it to stay on?

:feed :Bang

I dont knowfor sure but it sounds like someone put the wrong one on.......

I wouldn't talk crap to the big man working on your car. Who knows what he could do when you car is there for a few hours. . . Thats why I treat mine like gold. I get better deals this way to. Gotta love being nice. . .

do you have pics of that connection, its hard to visualize, you may be able to fabricate something.

Ya know what. I replaced the switch and it's fine. I think the right one was in there I just think the moron put it back together wrong.

Sifrino: Don't worrie, I'm going back to old school. No one will ever work on my car again except me.

:)

I'll take pics and do a little write up. I still owe Joey a write up for my muffler swap

Members online

No members online now.
Back