Official North East Chapter Schedule / Services Thread

What is the best available regularly scheduled meeting time for members

• Total voters

hottweelz

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I propose that this thread, remaining active for all members, to be the thread where we decide on a scheduled date and time of meeting, based on Vote.

It is also proposed that we post by laws, for organzitation and reputation. We can provide the greatest group of Knowledge, Friendship, and Charity acting as an Automotive Club representing the North East Region of the United States and other outlying areas.

I voted for evening, weekday or weekend, anyday is fine with me... 9:30pm is preferable.

I voted the same as you...evening weekday or weekend ...also, I might add, that while I understand people being late or unavailable for chat due to work or other commitments, I can't believe that out of 35 NE members only 6 can make it once a week. Sometimes less than 6 and others from different chapters join the chat to at least make it interesting.

Except for the loyal handful (and you all know who you are) getting people to get to the chat is a lesson in futility. When another chapter veepee can't even show up for more than two chat sessions, that tells me there really is a lack of interest. This reminds me of Grouch Marx' famous line; "....I wouldn't want to join any club that would have ME as a member". I don't deal well with people that join clubs or organizations just so they can say they "belong" and NOT contribute. Commitment is a meaningful word in *my* life.

For those that want to say to me "if you don't like the way things are here, you can leave" ...well, you're right. Like I said before, I spoke my piece (or peace) and I might or might not speak again.

hottweelz said:
I voted for evening, weekday or weekend, anyday is fine with me... 9:30pm is preferable.

Yes and to appeal the lack of interest, I think we should have some set bylaws, not to so much "enforce" but to "Maintain"

If you Join the NE Chapter, prepare for....
The NE Chapter takes part in ....
(Fundraisers, meets, E-Town, etc)

Hi All

HizHonor said:
I voted the same as you...evening weekday or weekend ...also, I might add, that while I understand people being late or unavailable for chat due to work or other commitments, I can't believe that out of 35 NE members only 6 can make it once a week. Sometimes less than 6 and others from different chapters join the chat to at least make it interesting.

Except for the loyal handful (and you all know who you are) getting people to get to the chat is a lesson in futility. When another chapter veepee can't even show up for more than two chat sessions, that tells me there really is a lack of interest. This reminds me of Grouch Marx' famous line; "....I wouldn't want to join any club that would have ME as a member". I don't deal well with people that join clubs or organizations just so they can say they "belong" and NOT contribute. Commitment is a meaningful word in *my* life.

For those that want to say to me "if you don't like the way things are here, you can leave" ...well, you're right. Like I said before, I spoke my piece (or peace) and I might or might not speak again.

Boy do I now feel guilty for not showing up at the chat sessions :(

I haven't voted in the poll as the 5 hour time difference makes most of the time real awkward for me, if I had to vote I would say "Weekend morning", that would equate to my afternoon :)

I just have to accept that I am an outcast on the fringe of the civilized world.

Regards

Dereck

I voted for weekday mornings or evenings. I can't see many people being available weekday mornings but I usually am.

As far as weekday evenings I would prefer Mon or Thurs. Tues would also be ok after 9:00PM

I see a lot of people getting shaken up by the lack of interest. If you don't intend on particiating then don't join a chapter. Visit the board for whatever you come here for and be happy. I would think that joining a specific chapter meant that you wanted to be involved with local events.

9 out of 45 does suck. Let's track them down and interigate them.

Yeah where is our other VP? Cuz I know I've only missed a couple chats.

ok i didnt say i was quitting but i am (obviously) noticeably pissed off. i am proll the worst kind of loner out there i dont need anythin or any one. now with that being said i came upon a site that was specifically geared toward my interests and i found a club( a group of people with very similar interests) and i joined up. and not so long after that i got involved with some really good guys and not so long after that i was appointed the "leader" of an area where some of this group of guys dwell. and when i was given my title i was asked why i wanted it and what i wold do with it. and so it went. now all any of us want to do is make this chapter a better place. if making the meetin a 1/2 hour later is going to bring more bodies to the table than so be it. honestly i do not think the interest is there based on the fact that we had a meeting from 9-11 and only the same people were there.

so now i ask yah of 45 members how many of them have actually even viewed these posts? lets see i am gonna write a post and all i want it to be is like a roll call and lets see what happens from now till sunday night.
sunday night at 9:00pm(if this time is no good someone let me know we can go earlier or later but not too much) i call a chat in the room and we will see just what we got here or not. the roll call will commence at 2:00pm easterntime. today jan 27 2005 and will end at 8:59 pm eastern time on sunday january 30th
those that show will become the core of the northeast chapter and those who dont well............ ok
Eric

Monday, Tuesday and/or Thursday nights work best for me. All other times I'm at my girl's place with no internet (not like I'd bother with it anyways ;)).

I know weekends are good for some, but I'm out partying! Weeknights are best IMHO. Factor in that there are just some people that are going to join thinking its a good idea, all well-intentioned and just not do stuff later. Also no single time will ever work for everyone. I do agree, we can do better than 6 though.

OK, so lets be honest who here WANTS to make the chat routinely? Whats really going on?

Weekday evenings, 9 or later are usually good for me, tho this past week I've been helping my boss remodel the upper floor of his house, so I've not gotten home till late. Thats why I didn't drop in this week.

So far looks like Thursdays 9:30pm and on has the best attraction... I hope EVERYONE who is doing Eric's Roll Call is also udpating this thread... lets get One Organized Accomplishment

11 responses in 38 hours ....11 out of 45 members ... that REALLY sux! THAT speaks volumes all in itself. :q 'N :bsflag:

hottweelz said:
So far looks like Thursdays 9:30pm and on has the best attraction... I hope EVERYONE who is doing Eric's Roll Call is also udpating this thread... lets get One Organized Accomplishment

Which proves my point.... it's still the handfull and a handfull shouldn't be expected to carry the entire weight of the Chapter. There were a coupler new names in the Roll Call thread but I still haven't seen any of them in the weekly chat ... I'm takin' a break ... see ya when I see ya .......

ERIC1 said:
now This http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=4731
is what i call enthusiasm. see post 16

No responses from new/other registered members. I told you, futility at it's best. You can lead a horse to water, etc. Oh well. I'll be at the meet on March 12th whether I'm still "here" or not. I owe that much to the chapter. Have a good day, all; real life is trying to get my attention this morning.

Jack

hottweelz said:
Hiz, u still there?

Ok come to the chat tonight and let's see what goes down, I offered some suggestions to the President and I think he's gonna cover those as well... We're better off with 10 Enthusiastic Members then 45 useless ones...

You have to wonder why only 17 people chimed in for roll call when we have 45 members. I wonder how many of our members are less than active. What I mean is, are they people that stumbled across the site, signed up, joined the chapter and never came back. Or are they people that only get to do this type of thing once in a while.

We look at this almost like a job that we do everyday. Not everyone surfs the Internet like that. It's like me having Outlook open all the time and wondering why other people only read email once a day.

It's just a lifestyle thing. Now I agree that if any of this is the case then why bother joining a chapter. Just surf the board, take it for what it's worth and that's it.

sorry i couldn'd answer right away due to unforseen circunstances, i am new and i don't take lightly joining a group and not doing my part but i'm here and i'll be there; weekdays evenings would be fine for the chat room you guys decide the time however weekends is hanging out days and i won't be able to make it.

94' mark Vlll

oldschoolricky said:
sorry i couldn'd answer right away due to unforseen circunstances, i am new and i don't take lightly joining a group and not doing my part but i'm here and i'll be there; weekdays evenings would be fine for the chat room you guys decide the time however weekends is hanging out days and i won't be able to make it.

94' mark Vlll
wednesday night 9pm chat room :Beer

The reason why I haven't been around for a while is that, first, my mother had a stoke, the day after Christmas, and that has been taking up lots of my time.

Second, I have taken a new job, and I was in Florida for a few weeks at a company training program. I got back on the 6th and had planned to attend the meeting on the 9th.

The problem is that, often, I work 12 to 16 hours a day. Of course, I'm sounding like a whimp, but I'm 47 and I have never put in such agressive work days, so I'm not accustomed to working in slave like settings.

Often, what happens is that I come home, eat, and the next thing I know it's 1 or 2 in the morning, Simply, I pass out, without even a hint of the drowsy eye.

My mother, who has been a widow since 11/11/02, and her issues certainly isn't a lame excuse. But I know it sounds like a lame excuse--at least I'm man enough to offer a lame excuse, more than many other club members do--when I post a whine about being tired after work.

In this second week of being a plow horse, I have noticed that my stamnia is increasing, and I should be at full throttle as I become conditioned to this new lifestyle of working my ass off.

With the overall lack of interest, I understand why the the officers of nelvc are frustrated. After all, why tf bother if you're standing in front of the mirror?

I, too, have tried to drum up members. In fact, I even posted this link at another board with a hell of a lot of traffic, mentioning the meet on the 12th, hoping to catch someone's attention. Obviously, it's pissing in the wind because you see the results.

Before I found this board, I tried to drum up some interest for an all Cadillac meet, but it only went as far as getting "cool" "sounds nice" and "I'll be there."

I don't know whether or not you officers realise it, but you guys have done one hell of a job. I mean, there is actually a planned meet, a huge accomplishment, and that's a hell of a lot more than what has happened at other boards with tenfold the boardmembers and traffic than here.

You would hope that enough people could pick up the slack--so to say--if a member or two wasn't present for a few meetings. Because nelvc is still in its infancy, I realise that for the sake of the club, it cannot spare the absence of even one member, so I'll try to get my life ironed out and attend the meetings.

Mervyn

Members online

Back