OEM Navigation system?

214rod

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does the oem Lincoln ls nav system fit on a 2000 LS???

Yes, but why would you want to put one in? Navigation has advanced a lot even since 06' when this platform was killed. Lots of members would agree when I say, get an avic and you will be very satisfied.

they suck, and they cost a lot to upgrade. also you can't change route while moving, I played with one in an 04, didn't like it but to each his own, I was thinking of going pioneer on kenwood w/ double din w/ nav, more options and dvd capable if your into that, also they have cable able to retain steering wheel controls.

I can in mine now. Have a switch to turn of vss while i'm moving to input unlock ir and turn it back on to update the position

Does the oem Lincoln ls nav system fit on a 2000 LS???

Check out the Pioneer Avic-Z110BT it's a pretty nice unit & if you like SYNC that comes in newer Ford & Lincolns you will like this unit.

I can in mine now. Have a switch to turn of vss while i'm moving to input unlock ir and turn it back on to update the position

Please elaborate......

I've been looking for a "lock-pick" for a couple of years now.

Check out the Pioneer Avic-Z110BT it's a pretty nice unit & if you like SYNC that comes in newer Ford & Lincolns you will like this unit.

Yeah those are nice but the going price on those are a little too much nice for me:(

Please elaborate......

I've been looking for a "lock-pick" for a couple of years now.

i thought it was as simple as putting a switch in line with the radio's VSS wire so that it couldn't tell how fast the car was moving (the lack of any vss signal would make the unit think that the car was sitting still) it may be different with the LS, but this is how we did it on a friends G35.

Yeah those are nice but the going price on those are a little too much nice for me:(

well thats probably a lot cheaper than buying the factory nav headunit, the DVD rom drive for the trunk, the GPS antenna, and all the harnesses that connect it all.

dont all the factory nav's have the THX Package?

if so dont forget the THX amp/s, all the speakers to be swapped, the harnesses needed for that, and the weekend to rewire the entire car, buy the time your done, i bet you would be lucky if you could get that any where near as cheap as the Z-series AVIC, i dont know if i have ever seen one online that came with ALL the parts to make it happen, hell the x-910 does pretty much everything else (minus the hard drive for music) with a slightly smaller screen, and they can be purchased for less than $600 on line all the time NIB. for that price, you would be crazy to but a factory nav system with less features(factory nav doesn't have bluetooth or Ipod connectivity ) and probably considerably more money.

dont all the factory nav's have the THX Package?

Yes, they do.

Things you need at a minimum to add factory navigation are:
Nav head unit
Nav DVD drive unit
Sub-woofer amp
Four channel amp
Multiple wiring harnesses
GPS antenna

If you want voice control (factory systems have this) add:
Auto dimming mirror with factory microphone (used only on nav equipped cars)

If you want the steering wheel buttons to be labeled and work correctly add:
nav option steering wheel button assembly

If you want the full THX sound add:
THX door speakers (4) and subwoofers (2)

Advantages to factory nav (compared to AVIC):
Reliable (except for CD changer)
Fast boot up
Always knows where car is pointed even if not moving, or moving slowly
Easy to use interface with big touch buttons, few menu levels to traverse

Advantages to aftermarket nav:
Works with iPODs, MP3s, USB, ...
Much easier to install
Cheaper for newer maps
Some can be customized

i thought it was as simple as putting a switch in line with the radio's VSS wire so that it couldn't tell how fast the car was moving (the lack of any vss signal would make the unit think that the car was sitting still) it may be different with the LS, but this is how we did it on a friends G35.

Yeah thats what you do but you can't just have it off all the time or it wont update your position. I ran a wire from the VSS located in the dvd map drive in the trunk, to the center console where I had an extra on'off switch. It's on all the time but whenever I need my passenger to be able to input an address or use a lock function on the nav, I just turn the VSS of and makes the car think I'm not moving, therefore unlocking the locked functions. After I turned it back on the car will move as I do and will go through houses on the nav screen until you drive far enough for it to update your actual position. It takes less than a min to update again or maybe it's the distance you drive. Either way it doesn't take long to update once the switch is back on.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=60574

Members online

Back