OEM HID Headlights

Lincoln LS

1. ACDiecast

ACDiecast LVC Member

Hello everyone, quick question for anyone who may know. I recently found a pair of OEM HID Headlight assemblies on eBay for less than $250 and picked them up. I have a 2003 LS Sport with the halogens as stock, and I want to make sure I have everything ready before I dive into this project.

Can I make these HID's work with the same connector as the stock halogens, or do I need to patch a new one in? I seem to remember a thread saying that the halogen connector/harness will work but I'll need to file an alignment ridge down, but I can't find anything on this after searching (the right way).

Thanks for any input!

2. joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member

I found several threads on it. They all say that you just need to trim one ridge off. I think there is/was a post with a picture showing which one, but I didn't find it. I think that you are good to go with just the headlight assemblies.

• Like Like x 1
    • ACDiecast

ACDiecast LVC Member

Thanks, Joe. Maybe the best thing I can ask here is how did you find those threads? I would gladly go and look but even my google direct searches didn't yield anything for me.

• joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member

• Like Like x 2