OBDII Trouble Code P0795 Pressure Control Soleniod "C"

k_omalley09

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Need some help fellas.

I've been getting "Check Transmission" errors on my display and the check engine light came on.

I took my 2000 Lincoln LS to an auto parts store and they hooked me up with the following error code:

P0795 - Pressure Control Soleniod "C"

They told me it could be a faulty EGR valve or something related to the transmission. Does this make any sense?

an egr valve has nothing to do with the transmission lol

are you out of warranty.

what year is your car?

LincolnTech38 said:

are you out of warranty.

what year is your car?

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS V8. I purchased an extended powertrain warranty through the dealership. They've screwed me on too many times for me to go back to them. Also, they charge $94 just for a diagnostic fee.

The employee at Checker autoparts, who ran the computer diag, told me that that error code (P0795) could be caused by a transmission fault or a EGR. They may not necessarily be related.

A little history behind the problem:

I installed an air intake and have been driving fairely aggressively but not too extreme. Several days later the "Check Transmission" displayed on the dash and a day later the check engine light was on.

The Checker auto part guy also brought up the MAF sensor when I told him about the recent intake installation.

Does this make any sense at all?

A mechanic advised me to disconnect the battery overnight to reset the trouble codes (again) and to get the trouble codes checked again if the problems resurfaced. Sure enough, they did.

I'm going to Check auto parts once again to check the trouble codes.

Do you have any experience with pressure control soleniod "C". Where to buy and how to install?

LincolnTech38 said:

are you out of warranty.

what year is your car?

That's weird...

I have not had enough time playing with the LS, but many Fords have a Pressure Feedback Emitter, essentially a Pressure Solenoid that controls the EGR. I do not know what connection this might have to the tranny other than poor engine performance can affect tranny shifting. A failing PFE will make the engine run poorly.

I believe there are pressure control solenoids in the tranny too, but they shouldn't be affected by the EGR other than due to poor engine performance. The pressure in most trannys is controllable by the computer, presumably thru a solenoid in the tranny.

Don't take my word for these wild guesses but they might be the Pressure Control Solenoid mentioned to you.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

k_omalley09 said:
A mechanic advised me to disconnect the battery overnight to reset the trouble codes (again) and to get the trouble codes checked again if the problems resurfaced. Sure enough, they did.

I'm going to Check auto parts once again to check the trouble codes.

Do you have any experience with pressure control soleniod "C". Where to buy and how to install?

According to my shop manual code P0795 indicates that transmission pressure control solenoid C is shorted or there is a short in the circuit.

To repair and replace you have to drain fluid, drop pan, remove filter, unhook reverse pressure switch connector and then loosen 8 bolts to remove the solenoid pack which is replaced as a unit. Use new o-rings on solenoid body connector. Note that pan gasket is reusable if not damaged.

The shop manual says a symptom of this failure is incorrect gear ratio in 4th and 5th gear.

Hi,

I am having the EXACT same problem, what did you end up doing? Did you find/buy the part you needed? If so, where did you find it? I've been told to replace or rebuild the tranny many times but the mechanic that I have that's here now working on something else told me it's not the whole tranny but just the solenoid. And the code that's popping up for a C Solenoid is just a formality because for the Tranny 5R55N there is no C so it's just the Pressure Control Solenoid itself but I would like to find the cheapest part so that I can find someone to replace it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I am having the EXACT same problem, what did you end up doing? Did you find/buy the part you needed? If so, where did you find it? I've been told to replace or rebuild the tranny many times but the mechanic that I have that's here now working on something else told me it's not the whole tranny but just the solenoid. And the code that's popping up for a C Solenoid is just a formality because for the Tranny 5R55N there is no C so it's just the Pressure Control Solenoid itself but I would like to find the cheapest part so that I can find someone to replace it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

EXCELLENT job searching and not cluttering up the site with yet another thread for the same problem!!

The bad news is the OP hasn't been on in 8 years. You probably won't get a response. I had an issue on my 2000 with delayed R-D-R. It was cured with a new solenoid pack. This was many, many moons ago but I think I paid ~$300 for the part and did the labour myself. Had I not had access to a lift I would have just sucked it up and paid. Knowing then what I know now, I would have paid anyway. It is a bit difficult to get the trans fluid right.

Judging by 02lsv8sport's response it sounds like your mechanic may (or not) know the correct repair.

Members online

Back