Obama: Voters are too stupid to distinguish between me and Congress

fossten

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
posted at 8:05 am on August 24, 2011 by Ed Morrissey
printer-friendly

Harry Truman famously said, “The buck stops here.” Ronald Reagan told the nation during the Iran-Contra scandal, “I take full responsibility for my own actions and for those of my administration.” When Barack Obama’s economic policies failed and his approval ratings plummeted, he followed the precedents of his predecessors and manfully admitted that … it’s all Congress’ fault:
President Barack Obama says his low approval rating is a reflection of public unhappiness with Congress.
Obama tells CBS in an interview broadcast Sunday that he’s “impacted,” just like Congress, when people aren’t happy with Washington.
Allahpundit demolishes this argument on the facts, but the problem goes beyond a factual debate. Voters are telling Obama that they’re not happy with his performance and the economic results of his policies. Instead of acknowledging that, he’s excusing himself from responsibility by essentially saying that voters are too stupid to distinguish between the two ends of Pennsylvania Avenue.
Maybe he can tell himself that in retirement, which is coming a lot sooner than he’d like with numbers like these.

Members online

No members online now.
Back