Now What??? Here's a new one

Wicked Ace

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Sunday afternoon the car dies on me and I end up leaving it on the side of the road with gas running from the wheel well where the filter is. Call my mechanic to get it and have a look. A few weeks ago I replaced the filter and figured I had done something like not push in the spring clips. Well he tells me the fuel line blew apart at the fitting on the downstream side of the filter. It's plastic tube there. The best part is the fuel line is an obsolete part. He found a connection fitting and is fabricating a new line for me.
78k miles now and I've been waiting for the shoe to drop on the cooling system, now this instead. I really do like my '05 Sport but I think it's time.

Weird. Is it possible that the line was damaged when the filter was changed? If you can't fabricate a new one, then you might pull one from a junkyard.

its just a blown fuel line... why is that such a big deal (i'd guess damaged during install)

I know it sucks, but doesn't seem like its worth getting too worked up about.

I know it sucks, but doesn't seem like its worth getting too worked up about.
This time I got stranded down the road about a 1/4 mile away, no big deal. What about the next time?
Also the issue with parts. A year and a half ago when I redid the rear I had to do some digging to find rear caliper parts, and toe links and paid out the ass for new shocks because they were out of production at that time and parts suppliers knew it. At 70k miles nearly every grease boot in the rear was ruptured.
At 60 years I don't think I really want to deal with this. I did my time on that merry go round and don't want to go back.
Crap I had a Triumph TR250 that I could get parts for 15 years after a 11/2 year production run.

Have not seen too many threads about this here. I would also vote that the filter replacement created that problem.

This time I got stranded down the road about a 1/4 mile away, no big deal. What about the next time?
Also the issue with parts. A year and a half ago when I redid the rear I had to do some digging to find rear caliper parts, and toe links and paid out the ass for new shocks because they were out of production at that time and parts suppliers knew it. At 70k miles nearly every grease boot in the rear was ruptured.
At 60 years I don't think I really want to deal with this. I did my time on that merry go round and don't want to go back.
Crap I had a Triumph TR250 that I could get parts for 15 years after a 11/2 year production run.

Understood...

Plenty of other cars to chose out there...lifes too short type of thing (60 or not)...

BUT this sounds like this is a "new car vs this old car" thing, not "more reliable car vs LS" thing. EVERY used car has their issues, no matter what the brand... The alterative is some Jap box...gross

Guess there has just been a lot of normal wear "complaints" lately that have caused many to dump/complain about their LS's, seems odd and depressing for a enthusiast forum.

Sell and move on though then, hope the next goes better.

The alterative is some Jap box...gross
Even they have their issues, my parents own an 09 Accord base model, and at 70,000 miles, they've had major engine work done, extensive brake work done twice, and the thing sounds like it's going to stall every time you stop at a red light. I think it's funny they've spent more money on maintenance and repairs in the past 2-3 years then I have on my 11 year old 200,000 mile Cadillac. To me I've always considered Honda to be the best from the Japs, and Hyundai and Kia to be the worst. I don't care how much they've changed from 15+ years ago, I don't think I'll ever be convinced on them. Driving wise, the 4 banger Accord was actually pretty good for around town when I drove it for a few days, but a dud after 40. Quite the opposite of my Tahoe, incredibly slow 0-40, but it really roars to life and hauls a** after 40. The CTS is just a bullet though, fast at any speed and just a blast to drive on tight winding roads.

But Hyundai and Kia are Korean?

Goes to show you truly how ignorant people are. Throwing words around and have no clue about the other side of the Earth, the countries and even their geographic location. Sad.

Members online

Back