Reaction score
... I done went to the track with my '93 and got the bug ! :Beer

Read 'em here - reverse order, left to right:

Winner845.jpg

TimeSlip042404.jpg

Now before you say anything...

1. This WAS my first time(virgin slip on right) :p
2. Car 226 was some kind of supercharged Cobra or something... :N
3. Car 206 was some kind of VW (I don't know imports).

Ray - 1wykdmk8 - hooked me up with this track and finally got there after my first run(glad he didn't see me embarass myself). He's cool, he definitely knows Mark VIII's inside and out. {No buddy, I didn't shift manually... left 'er in "D"} The 'Barney Mobile' whupped up on riced out Honda. Hopefully we can get together again and he can get more than one run in!

For those that don't know, go to 'member's photo garage' for my list of mods.

I also submitted the best run of 14.544 @ 96.25 to the 'timeslips' section.

nice job for your first time out

at least you beat the VW thing......

Nice runs. The 14.5's are very respectable.

Here's a little starting line advice.

The Marks are kind of a pig off the line with the weight transfer and transmission being the culprits. It is pretty safe to say that when the last yellow comes on you can stomp it at that point. Never wait for the green.

Staging shallow (barely creeping up on the starting line to trip the lights will afford you an additional measure of safety from the dreaded red light.

Tripany (grey ghost) I think is her name, routinely runs .500 lights and whips alot of guys with her dial in's.

Does get a little addictive, ey? I think I can see a supercharger somewhere in your future.

Thats a decent mod list to be going only mid 14's?

The conditions are something to consider too. We have always run our best times usualy in the colder months with nearly perfect conditions.

MonsterMark said:
Does get a little addictive, ey? I think I can see a supercharger somewhere in your future.

Do they have home equity loans for superchargers? :L

Ha! Someone just told me I WON 2 out of three. :Beer

My opponents 0.279 and 0.490 RTs constitute a 'red light' and by default I won those two runs. :p

'Course, not really, it was only Test 'n Tune.

Nice job for your first time out. Just wait though the wallet will become empty fast as you end up going back again and again. :)

Correction on the density altitude... not 4000 feet as previously thought, but more like 2538 feet. Now I understand density altitude, absolute barometer, dyno correction and ten other big words. :p

Therefore 'corrected' ET is 14.035 seconds @ 99.72 MPH. :L

driller said:
Ha! Someone just told me I WON 2 out of three. :Beer

My opponents 0.279 and 0.490 RTs constitute a 'red light' and by default I won those two runs. :p

'Course, not really, it was only Test 'n Tune.

Better check, most tracks use the 'new' system where a perfect light is a .000. My track uses it :D

JSev22 said:
Better check, most tracks use the 'new' system where a perfect light is a .000. My track uses it :D

Nope, the lights went red and the announcers would call the 'redlights' at under 0.500 RT.

I certainly didn't have any worries. :eek:

Hey! Nice job bumpin' me off my number 8 spot on the TimeSlips section! Watch your back! :steering

Last edited:
squirell said:
JP,
When you gonna juice that puppy ? :nos:

After I run out of other mods to do :?
:Beer
Right now I still have to do shift kit, pulleys, drag radials, ported intake, stall converter and maybe even headers??? Who knows what else by then.

driller said:
After I run out of other mods to do :?
:Beer
Right now I still have to do shift kit, pulleys, drag radials, ported intake, stall converter and maybe even headers??? Who knows what else by then.

JP,
just spend $600-700 on a NOS 5115 kit (with 125 HP jetting) and a fuel pump and regulator and jump into the 12's.
Then you will really need the drag radials.

Pulleys, ported intake, stall converter and headers are going to cost you
WELL over a grand with a lot harder / expensive installation and you will still be someware in the 13's.
I am old school too, but you cant beat the HP/ET to price ratio.
Just my opinion.

I wish we had a chance to take you for a ride
so you can see what a differance it makes.
This car pulls as hard as my LS-6 Chevelle.
Coming to NY anytime soon ?

Last edited:
Oh great, thanks squirrel. I was trying to get my mind off of that 125 shot, now I am on the verge of not buying these 17's and going straight for the NAWWSSS. Now you are going to make me ponder for the weekend, whether or not I should buy the nitrous kit. I have a 255 Walbro coming in next week. I think I will have to put it to use now.

JERK !JERK !

LoL! Just playing!!.

It's a hard decision. Some nice rims or SPEED... UGHHHHHHH.

It's all fun and games until the bottle runs dry! That's the conclusion I keep coming to and probably why I haven't gone that route yet.......mmmmmm boost :D:D:D always a press of the toe away!

JSev22 said:
It's all fun and games until the bottle runs dry! That's the conclusion I keep coming to and probably why I haven't gone that route yet.......mmmmmm boost :D:D:D always a press of the toe away!

I got a second bottle off e-bay for $100.
In all reality I only use 5-6 bottles a year.
If i'm out on the prowl for races on a Sat night I'll use less then 1/2 a bottle at most.
My last time at the track I got like 9 1/4 mile runs in and still had juice left over.
If I had the money (or I got a deal like Jerimie)
I would have gone with a Vortech too.

Matt, you're starting to sound like Dan - 'Just Spray It'! LOL!

I have the Walbro 255 pump and the AFPR already. Don't think I haven't thought of NOS! If you remember, I was all over your install at Carlisle and asked how much $ you had in it. :Beer The refill $ doesn't really concern me for the limited use it would actually see. I think the most runs I've had at a track to date for one day is 6 or 7?

Yeah, I know the shift kit, pulleys, drag radials, ported intake, stall converter and especially headers will be costly and still likely only be in the 13's. I'm hoping low 14s with just adding shift kit, pulleys and drag radials. I have a few other tricks in mind also. Regardless, the intake, converter and possibly headers will be the next big jump, but I don't realistically expect any better than somewhere in the 13s.

Regardless, I'm especially pumped on the ported/modded intake. This will be less gain than a stall converter or headers for sure. But these modular engines amaze me how they respond to old school 'more air in + more air out = more power'. I've been looking at porting, gasket matching, extrude honed, cutting runners, etc., etc... It's probably little HP for the money when compared to NOS, but air is free(so far). ;)

Now that just leads into to the next big thing - boost! :rolleyes: What do you suppose THAT will do? Especially on an already 13 second car? I'm thinking, done right, 12's are easy, everyday, all day!! :L

driller said:
Matt, you're starting to sound like Dan - 'Just Spray It'! LOL!

I have the Walbro 255 pump and the AFPR already. Don't think I haven't thought of NOS! If you remember, I was all over your install at Carlisle and asked how much $ you had in it. :Beer The refill $ doesn't really concern me for the limited use it would actually see. I think the most runs I've had at a track to date for one day is 6 or 7?

Yeah, I know the shift kit, pulleys, drag radials, ported intake, stall converter and especially headers will be costly and still likely only be in the 13's. I'm hoping low 14s with just adding shift kit, pulleys and drag radials. I have a few other tricks in mind also. Regardless, the intake, converter and possibly headers will be the next big jump, but I don't realistically expect any better than somewhere in the 13s.

Regardless, I'm especially pumped on the ported/modded intake. This will be less gain than a stall converter or headers for sure. But these modular engines amaze me how they respond to old school 'more air in + more air out = more power'. I've been looking at porting, gasket matching, extrude honed, cutting runners, etc., etc... It's probably little HP for the money when compared to NOS, but air is free(so far). ;)

Now that just leads into to the next big thing - boost! :rolleyes: What do you suppose THAT will do? Especially on an already 13 second car? I'm thinking, done right, 12's are easy, everyday, all day!! :L

If you got the $ to do it,
I say go for it.
Like I said , if I could afford a vortech I would do it.

Well actually, I don't have the money for NOS! But I got good credit! :N

'Affording' to do something is entirely relative. When I bought my Mark VIII, I couldn't necessarily 'afford' it but I knew I was getting it! If you wait until you can 'afford' something, most likely you will die first. I've always lived by the motto 'The last check you write should be to the undertaker... and it should bounce.' ;)

driller said:
Well actually, I don't have the money for NOS! But I got good credit! :N

'Affording' to do something is entirely relative. When I bought my Mark VIII, I couldn't necessarily 'afford' it but I knew I was getting it! If you wait until you can 'afford' something, most likely you will die first. I've always lived by the motto 'The last check you write should be to the undertaker... and it should bounce.' ;)

LMAO !!!!! :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back