Not My car but...who?

LS_Monk

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Windsor police believe alcohol may have been a factor in an early morning crash Friday that left a 22-year-old man in serious condition.

The single-car crash happened around 3:30 a.m. on Dougall Avenue at E.C. Row Expressway. Officers arrived on the scene just south of South Cameron Boulevard to find a 2000 Lincoln crammed against the centre support column of the railway overpass. The vehicle had heavy damage.

The man driving the car, who was alone, was trapped inside the wreckage suffering from injuries that police describe as “serious.”

Firefighters arrived and extricated the man from the mangled vehicle. He remains in serious condition at Hotel-Dieu Grace Hospital.

Police said the Lincoln had been in the middle lane, heading south on Dougall Avenue from Ouellette Place.

The car left the road, jumped the centre curb, and slammed into the support column.

A witness following the Lincoln stopped and tried to help the driver before police arrived.

Due to the severity of the driver’s injuries, accident reconstruction officers closed the southbound lanes of Dougall to investigate.

The road was closed for several hours on Friday morning, but has since reopened.

Police continue to investigate and believe alcohol may have been a factor in this collision.

lincoln ls.JPG

It is probably the coils. Check the spark plug wells for oil as well. May need to replace the valve cover gaskets.

^ LOL I agree.

But on a serious note, I hope noone got hurt.

It is probably the coils. Check the spark plug wells for oil as well. May need to replace the valve cover gaskets.

Also the cooling fan. Could also be the DCCV.

Awwwwww...... That'll buff right out.

^ LOL I agree.

But on a serious note, I hope noone got hurt.

The man driving the car, who was alone, was trapped inside the wreckage suffering from injuries that police describe as “serious.”

At least the car did it's job!

Looks to me like the problem was right between the steering wheel and the driver's seat.

I hope noone got hurt.

it clearly says he got hurt, and badly.

if alcohol was involved, i'm glad he only just about killed himself and not a family or something.

its kinda hard to tell from the reflection, but i think this might be the first documented case of a failing sunroof:(

but all fooling aside, if it was't for them damn window vents, th ecar probably wouldn't have just lost control out of the blue like that.

The air bag???

No the seatbelt. :D

That's a brutal wreck. Hope it turns out better than worse and that no one else was involved. If he was drunk, hope he learned his lesson. Probably better to have wrecked the LS rather than a matchbox car.

What do you mean by failing moon roof?

No the seatbelt. :D

That's a brutal wreck. Hope it turns out better than worse and that no one else was involved. If he was drunk, hope he learned his lesson. Probably better to have wrecked the LS rather than a matchbox car.

What do you mean by failing moon roof?

There's a rumor that the LS moonroofs are virtually unkillable as they seem to be pristine after even the most grizzly of accidents

I actually don't think the sunroof failed. I think he had it open upright when the accident occurred.

Looks like the tweaked body popped it open. Still, the glass is intact!

I figured that's what he meant, just didn't know that before. At least it's one thing we may never have to see a thread for.

Good time for a LSE/'06 conversion, motor swap, and and STR front end, so much room to work with after picking apart some of the debris.

~ pretty sure that degas bottle is now cracked.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (the movie)

512NMSC12KL._SS500_.jpg

- "Dude we can fix it, my dad's got an awesome set of tools."

The drivers side wheel looks crimped in place at 90 degrees . (the grille might be an easier fix than the McLaren one with the paint stripper) Hope the guy makes out OK. One less LS

Members online

Back