noob question about Angel Eyes.

DarkMansLSEV8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
guys whats the deal with these angel eyes, what is its purpose? I read post about people saying that they've just installed the angel eyes, but then I look at the headlights and they look just like my stock lights do. I know this is probably a stupid question but hey, people learn new things everyday, and I dont regret asking. The only thing to regret is being ignorant.

DarkMansLSEV8

OHHHHHHHHH ok, thanks a lot man, do they change the color of the light itself? or does the different color come from the HID lights?

DarkMansLSEV8

No, the color of the Angel Eyes and the main lights are independent. You can have a set of Angel Eyes with normal OEM halogen lights, or install your own HID with the color temperature of your choice.

Here's a pic I found of a guy who has a Daytime Demon/Nighttime Angel Eye setup

311806_95_full.jpg

311806_86_full.jpg

well i guess i can throw in a noob question about angel eyes then also...i kno mostly the colors are done by the temp but how is that done the red during the day and white at nite

Yeah I just missed the boat on the day time/night time setup. (not that this is legal) but could he run the red @ night as well?

Where is Ken? hahaha

Yeah. I don't believe there is a 2 color angel/demon eyes kit. Those pics must be of two separate kits.

d.e.beatup said:
No, the color of the Angel Eyes and the main lights are independent. You can have a set of Angel Eyes with normal OEM halogen lights, or install your own HID with the color temperature of your choice.

Here's a pic I found of a guy who has a Daytime Demon/Nighttime Angel Eye setup

311806_95_full.jpg

311806_86_full.jpg
The two pictures above are the Gen V angel eye kits. It was one of the first kits to be produced using light boxes. This is the same application used today in all BMW's that have the enhancement ring option (aka angel eyes). Basically, the rings are installed into the headlight and you attached a fiber optic cable from the angel eye ring to the light box. The light box had a light that shined on the end of the cable transferring light through it to the ring. It wasn't as bright as CCFL is but was true to the BMW setup. I'd have to find a picture of that setup so you'd have a better understanding.

The Gen V setup was, in my opinion, better than CCFL simply because you can change out the color of the bulb as Jeremy has in that picture above and achieve red, blue, green or whatever color you wanted. The only problem with the Gen V setup was that you needed to drill a big one inch hole in the back of the headlight to allow the fiber cable to go through. Also, the light box was kind of big so mounting it was a pain. Just remember anything other than white is illegal. So, the red angel eyes could get you into trouble unless it is for show only.

Members online

No members online now.
Back