no mo lincoln

2002_lincolnLS

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Well tranny is toast, will not shift into any gears and says E. Scanned it and says the torque converter solenoid switch or something is bad. so I am thinking the tranny is probably done as it won't do a thing.

Don't really wanna spend any more money, however I did just paint it last week.....

So you're getting rod of it? How hard were you pushing her?

alax, not super crazy. No burnouts, it came out of no where coming home lost 3-4 but only intermittent. It did it a week ago but only 2 times when I tried to pass someone then it was fine so I figured it was just being weird. then I got home 5 minutes later this last time and no gears.

Grell not sure what I am going to do. I enjoy no payment and the fact that I just got it looking good any everything else sorted so at quite a fork in the road. I am going to investigate it more this weekend. May be something I can fix with a new solinoid and what not but maybe not.

anyone know a place to get a used tranny that I won't have to try to pull out myself in a gravel lot like pull a part.

A this point, it comes down to how much you know and how much time you are willing to spend on repairing your tranny. How many miles on your 2002? If its over 200,000 miles, scrap it. If you decide to sell it after paying a mechanic for a tranny repair, you wont get the money back. My .02 cents.

Members online

Back