No again!

Frat-man-du

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well the blend door motor went again - even with the reinforcement! Fun fun! Lasted 4 years this time. I also rebuilt my Potentiometer - well just cleaned it out and applied a good dose of die-electric grease. Lasted 4 years as well. Only issue I has was the little dampener cable on the glove box - the little plastic tab would not come out. I ended up snapping it off and put a short bolt through and hooking on that. Took 5 hours to do both the blend motor and the potentiometer- one hour was the stupid plastic part on the glove box - always seems to be something!

The new motor you got should be better than even a reinforced old style unit.... hope it holds!

I hope so- I hope they dont stop making the blend door like the Potentiometer.

I still have a NOS Potentiometer but one of the tabs is slightly bent. I will save that till this one finally goes - cleaning seems to work. PIA to pop all those little tabs at once but easy from that point on to clean and add new grease.

I too hope the blend door remains available....

As far as the pot goes I've got a friend dissecting one as we speak, he will be getting back to me on a replacement set up :)

I need to order my blend door then me and kid can have a party putting both of ours in!

Just roll your windows down, who needs climate controls anyway? Heat is for people who abuse there marks and drive them in the winter.

I am making a list of everything I want to accomplish when I do my blend door... the list grows daily lol!

my cars never had heat, lol..........winters too short down here to bother fixing the blend door............. :p

Just roll your windows down, who needs climate controls anyway? Heat is for people who abuse there marks and drive them in the winter.

Yeah rolling your windows down in Florida summers equates to having such horrible back sweat that everyone comments on it. Even my toddler gets back sweat when driving in my car! Poor little guy!

Anyone know the part number for the blend door.

I just threw my box away from replacing mine, but the dealer knew the part and got it to me in a day. I'm thinking of buying a few of them and tucking them away for safe keeping.

Members online

No members online now.
Back