Nitrous Bottle Painted

marcredd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know this is a touchy topic because everyone's taste is going to be drastically different when it comes to custom work. But, with that said, I had the bottle, as part of an entire system from Cammerfe, painted and airbrushed. I did contemplate putting the Lincoln emblem on it and nothing else but held off due to the thought of ever trying to sell it with that emblem and a potential buyer not having a Lincoln.

Thought I would share a few pics as I was happy with how it turned out. The one really bright pic is with the flash on so I could get a bit better view of the facial features.

Nitrous 1.jpg

Nitrous 2.jpg

Nitrous 3.jpg

Thx guys. Honestly, it is out of my normal taste zone as well but I wanted to say "f it" and do something a bit different on purpose. It isn't normally going to be seen so it gives my trunk a bit of of a conversation piece since I just have a single prefab box with a 12" sub in it. In other words, I found my trunk boring. LOL.

Hey man its sweet work and you will never do anything I don't care how amazing that will be everyone's taste, so I make my stuff my taste and say :q:q:q:q the rest. :D looks amazing though

Looks hot...i would rock that :q:q:q:q for sure.

As I said before, you grade tough, and have great taste, Black so that is a big compliment coming from you.

Thank you.

Looks fuggin awesome, man. I'd rock that. I just don't wanna bottle my 170k mile engine.

I just don't wanna bottle my 170k mile engine.

I have 163k thats the only reason I dont have a bottle. Plus I am not much for street racing and the only drag strip here closed for good. Next closest is a 2hr drive.

Looks very good Marc. Something different isnt always bad, I kinda like it. A sub enclosure with some plexiglass airbrushed to match the bottle would be sweet.

Didnt you just get a brand new engine? Thats the only way I would put a bottle on mine.

Yeah. I am just under 5000 miles(literally). The builder said I am good to put it on anytime after 5000 and the change to synthetic.

Never thought about the plexiglass. That could be great back there.

Thx Hite. :)

Looks fuggin awesome, man. I'd rock that. I just don't wanna bottle my 170k mile engine.[/QUOTE

Truly appreciate it Pektel. I know you would not say it if you did not mean it. Means a lot that I did not completely mess it up. :)

Nice. Be careful with that thing. I hit the bottle on my '89 Firebird at the wrong time and it didnt turn out well. The rear tires broke loose and I found myself sliding into the highway median. Luckily it was 3 in the morning and 15 years ago before I-70 had crossover cables in the median.

Looks great, Marc!!!

Give us info on the painting process. (I have four more purple bottles around here that I need to paint.)

KS

Thankfully, it was a straight forward basecoat-airbrush-clearcoat process.

First, once I knew I was buying nitrous, I began thinking of what I would want on it so it would not be a rushed process on my end and a waste of good money.

Once my decision on a piece was firm, I took the bottle to a local reputable auto painter who was not too "busy" to sand it down in a reasonable amount of time. Once sanded and cleaned, he applied 2 coats of self etching primer and a basecoat of standard black urethane. That was actually done in one day. I waited an additional 24 hours before picking up.

**Important....DO NOT handle base coat with bare hands(oils). Cover with a soft, clean tee shirt. The bottle was then taken to the airbrusher with a picture of what I wanted and equally importantly, communication as to what side of the bottle was the "up" side. For those not aware, there is a certain direction the main nitrous line nozzle has to be installed in a car so making sure the airbrusher knows, and verifies, the up side is critical.

In my case, the airbrusher stays pretty busy so he had the the bottle a week. In addition to airbrushing, he he wraps vans for local businesses that use him for advertising. The call saying the bottle was complete came Thursday. I picked it up (clean tee shirt time again) that day and immediately took it back to the auto painter for 2 good coats of clear. The call from the auto painter stating it was done came Saturday morning.

**Keep in mind, airbrush paint is water based so one does not want it laying too long around unprotected by clear coat. Doing so is an accident waiting to happen.

I will wait about 30 days before waxing and polishing.

Cost for this project is going to vary based on what those local charge for their services. My total investment is $140 as I have long standing business relationships with both of the businesses used. For some, such work may be more toward the $200-$250 range.

Damn .... That's going to look amazing, and you could def. Go over the top with a sub enclosure built around that thing...

Any idea on what the button to active is gomna look like? Would be funny if it were like a smiley face or something crazy like that.

Purchased a Zex Traction Window so it will only come on at wot for a defined rpm range beginning in second gear. For my initial use, I have no desire to spray in first gear. Found a very cool spot to mount it.... The opening for the cd cartridge in the disc changer(glove compartment). Will sit there perfectly with only 2 sided tape and gives me access if I ever need to make adjustments without having to access the hood compartment.

Arming switch, Bottle Heater Switch, and the Remote Bottle Opener Switch are all going in the underside the area of the armrest...as in the area that actually flips up. Trying to keep it stealth on the inside.

For safety purposes, will be using a Hobbs Switch so if the fuel pressure drops, the system will not spray. Truly not trying to damage a new engine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back