Nissan Leaf

LS4me

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that gets a stupid Nissan Leaf banner ad at the bottom of the page on my iPad (it's a 3, if that matters)? It is very, very annoying.....

They're targeted towards the viewer based on Google search history of an IP address, most of the time. Did you look up the leaf once? Even just to find out the price or range? Rockauto and superbrightleds generally take up my screen, but I currently have a local Nissan dealer and a distant college.

If you use some kind of ID blocker (or private/incognito mode) then you'll generally get randomized ads.

I would be down for a hybrid or electric if they were not so damn ugly. I would love a Tesla S but the price is keeping me at bay, range isn't an issue, my daily commute is much less than it's range and if we need a long trip we use one of the other cars.

They're targeted towards the viewer based on Google search history of an IP address, most of the time. Did you look up the leaf once? Even just to find out the price or range? Rockauto and superbrightleds generally take up my screen, but I currently have a local Nissan dealer and a distant college.

If you use some kind of ID blocker (or private/incognito mode) then you'll generally get randomized ads.

I don think I've ever googled a Nissan.....

I think maybe he has been looking to by one, :)

Not in a MILLION years!!!! It's just a FWD appliance with very reduced range.

ah No, not all of them,
"The Nissan 370Z is a rear-wheel drive coupe"

On ads all over your screens,

1) Chrome extension install, AdBlock v2.17

2) for complete system ad blocking, "Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File"

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm (replace windows HOST file as Administrator)

^ option 2 is a bullet proof method of eliminating system wide ads all together,
the odd one sneaks in here and there but for the most part it doesn't load ads period.

^ Option 2 looks complicated but all your doing is downloading a replacement HOST file which you replace with Window's version of it.

GL

Oh and my Galaxy S3 is rooted as well running Adblock, it's integrated in an Aries ROM, works great for youTube videos.

I kind of like nonobtrusive ads... sometimes they're relevant. Sometimes they're not. But they're always paying for the site.

LS4Me, good luck with the new Leaf though; let us know how it goes ;)

2002, forget cost and jsut pick one up for the cool factor (like the LS and it's repairs...)
[video=youtube;LpaLgF1uLB8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpaLgF1uLB8[/video]

^ 0-60mph in 4.6 for electric motor, tops out at 215kph in 27sec. WTF?????

Damn, that's amazing but what I can't understand clearly is the fact that the law and insurance companies nowadays are all about "distracted driving" yet these guys from Tesla decided it would be a good idea to put a 2x3ft iPad as it's main focus of the car. Nothing like taking selfies and updating your Facebook page while traveling. Maybe check email or tweet something between mile markers or while rolling through an intersection.

I just don't get it, more and more distractions in the newer cars, not that it isn't impressive but if you want to do some computing, one should stay at home and do it behind a PC not in a car. (in motion)

Very impressive Nonetheless.

Does it actually have a camera? Regardless, I'd expect some kind of in-motion lockout, though it may inconvenience passengers. Tesla isn't exactly a dumb company. They practically build rockets (SpaceX). The Model S may as well be a spaceship

Nah, no lock out, was looking at some youTube videos on it, all sorts of playing with the touchscreen console while in motion, too many options for major distractions.

Don't get me wrong (again), my hats off to them, very impressive looking.

LS4Me, good luck with the new Leaf though; let us know how it goes ;)

Who needs one with the MPG my 535 is getting!!!! I filled up near my MIL's house, DTE showed 447. Drove about 40 miles (96% freeway) and the DTE read 458. Drove about another 20, still showing 458. Got home about 75 miles later and the DTE showed 442! I could probably get close to 500 miles on a tank! The engine is "looping" along at 1950 RPM doing 75!!

Hey Pops, we gonna see a pic of this "supposedly" 535 you want us all to believe you bought or not?

Pic or it didn't happen.

I bet it's Silver in color!

Hey Pops, we gonna see a pic of this "supposedly" 535 you want us all to believe you bought or not?

Pic or it didn't happen.

I bet it's Silver in color!

Yea, yea, I know. Pics or it's a Craolla...... I need to get a few....

It's also Sophisto Gray II Pearl or Dark Graphite II. I've had a silver car since 1991 and am SICK OF IT!!!!!!!

edit
Quick pic from the garage....
BMW rear.jpg

BMW rear.jpg

I don't know if you saw the top gear with the Tesla S but it beat a camaro ZL1 so yeah there is always that.

^ 0-60mph in 4.6 for electric motor, tops out at 215kph in 27sec. WTF?????

Actually in Insane mode the Tesla p85D does 60mph in 3 seconds.
3.3 seconds in the wet. It's nuts. Course it loses it's oomph in the top end, but it's an off the line monster!

[video=youtube;uki71gN7ahc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uki71gN7ahc[/video]

Actually in Insane mode the Tesla p85D does 60mph in 3 seconds.
3.3 seconds in the wet. It's nuts. Course it loses it's oomph in the top end, but it's an off the line monster!

Rarely do I hit triple digits. I'll take that instant torque that carries me well into highway speed over bragging about my car's top speed because I might never hit it myself. Generally, American roads are either too crowded, too small, too curvy, and/or too poorly maintained to reach such speeds. Sure, you can go out to rural flatlands, but then you run into the problem of being in rural flatlands :)

You may never go the top speed, but so far my experience is that cars with top speeds of 150 or 200 feel a lot more stable at 100 than cars with top speeds of 120 do.
I think that the main performance complaint about the Tesla (other than range) is that the handling is a bit compromised by the weight of the batteries and how they are distributed.

Rarely do I hit triple digits. I'll take that instant torque that carries me well into highway speed over bragging about my car's top speed because I might never hit it myself. Generally, American roads are either too crowded, too small, too curvy, and/or too poorly maintained to reach such speeds. Sure, you can go out to rural flatlands, but then you run into the problem of being in rural flatlands :)

You see in the video when the Tesla cuts power, it's hitting it's 130mph limiter...Supposedly there is a firmware update coming to change that to 155mph. And it's got torque...864 lbft of it :lol:

And yeah I agree, I rarely go into triple digits either. Just not worth it.

When/if I can afford it, I'll be buying the Tesla. They are spending millions to place charging stations all over the USA and some of them are rapid charge (<10 mins). Completely worth it to me. Even with gas "cheap" right now, it will eventually go back up and you get a ton of tax rebates having the electric car as well. My state offers 10k in compensation, that's not including federal. I think I'd get about 14-15k back buying the all electric vehicle (which I would use to get the upgraded Tesla).

Sure is impressive BUT I think we should stop talking about it, it's embarrassing getting your V8 ass run off by an all electric car.

Sure is impressive BUT I think we should stop talking about it, it's embarrassing getting your V8 ass run off by an all electric car.

Oh please...I got my v8 ass run off by a minivan the other day :lol:

You may never go the top speed, but so far my experience is that cars with top speeds of 150 or 200 feel a lot more stable at 100 than cars with top speeds of 120 do.

this has been my experience as well.

areo also has a good role to play in this... when you're talking about speeds from 150 up, aerodynamics play a huge role in how stable the car feels at those higher speeds. when a cars top speed is going to be 120 at the most, they don't have to waste the time in engineering dealing with what happens at those higher speeds so at the extreme end, the car will feel all loosey goosey. but when the top speed of your car is drag limited somewhere around 180, then you need to spend the time figuring out better front bumper/splitters, actual functional rear spoilers instead of wings for looks, diffusers and under the car, hell maybe even some side scoops.

one of my friends has a pretty well built Evolution that has no problem going 160-170. I've been in it going about 150. there is no doubt that you are seriously hauling ass in it. just turning the wipers on and off feels like it will make you change lanes... now we also have a friend that has a M6. this thing is a completely different kind of monster. it feels just as smooth over 120 as the LS feels at 60, and feels more stable at 150 than the LS does at 90.

Members online

No members online now.
Back