Nightshade

Midas78

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Can someone post pics with the paint application of Nightshade on their LS please? I'm thinking of doing the side marker lens (on the bumper), part of the taillights, maybe the license plate lights, and the top part of the headlights instead of eyebrows.

also - my name has nothing to do with the brake place - i've had problems with them too - they tried to rip me off, also

Thanks.

Just remember with this stuff, that it's a spray on tint, not a paint. It has a red/purple hue to it, but appears black when not in direct sunlight. Spray on multiple light coats to get it where you want it. I wouldn't recommend it for headlight eyebrows, since you'd have to put on so many coats to tint it, you might as well just paint it and not waste the NiteShades.

The stuff is illegal here in MA and you will get gigged on the state instpection. Had this stuff on the tail lights on my '96 SHO. Had to wetsand the Niteshades off and buff out the finish for inspection. Not going through that crap again.

blkout4.jpg

man thats a nice lookin sho... i've always loved those cars..

mholhut said:
Just remember with this stuff, that it's a spray on tint, not a paint. It has a red/purple hue to it, but appears black when not in direct sunlight. Spray on multiple light coats to get it where you want it. I wouldn't recommend it for headlight eyebrows, since you'd have to put on so many coats to tint it, you might as well just paint it and not waste the NiteShades.
The stuff is illegal here in MA and you will get gigged on the state instpection. Had this stuff on the tail lights on my '96 SHO. Had to wetsand the Niteshades off and buff out the finish for inspection. Not going through that crap again.

THANKS! We don't have State inspections here in Florida. Would anybody know if its even legal in FL?

I doubt this stuff is legal anywhere, I know those GTS tinted headlight/taillight covers are illegal in Ohio so with that said I would guess this totally illegal. Check state of florida BMV website for correct answers.

mholhut i miss my 97 sho its was :q:q:q:q to drive, yours looked really nice!

-Scott-

i think these are illegal here in cali too, front door window tint is illegal here but cops dont care since almost all cars have the front doors tinted. so far cops havent said anything about my blacked out tails.

Thanks for the compliments :waving:

As long as you don't go hog wild with the stuff, you could pass it off. I just wanted enough to take the bright red out of the rear of the car.... then got carried away. Spray on a few light coats, let it tack up and see how it looks. You also want people to see you at night and when you hit the brakes.

I only put about three coats on my side marker lights to dampen the bright orange. I didn't want to completely black them out, wouldn't look good with the color of my car.

DSC02101[1].jpg

Hey mines just like yours, but I decided to completely black out my sidemarkers and I love the look, it definately goes with white.

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

Midas78 said:
THANKS! We don't have State inspections here in Florida. Would anybody know if its even legal in FL?

I see cars with the plastic tint pieces on their lights all the time. I don't know about it's legality, because you are "removing" the red and amber reflectors. I'd just go with it, and do it. I don't think a cop will have "cars that lack reflectors" on the top of his priority list to pull over. Plus, if it looks good, they probably won't notice.

Thanks for all of the responses, but does anybody have this on their LS tail lights?

Thanks.

does the nightshade look factory, or does it look kinda gritty on there, i knew a guy who did it to his m3 and it looked painted on there and not too factory?

Members online

Back