Newbie intro!

Dieselmechanic

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey there fellas,
n00b here from West Kentucky. Been lurking around here for about a week so I finally joined. I purchased a '99 Conti from a friend of mine in New York state, literally flew up yesterday to drive it back to hillbillyland.

Active postwhore of ZR2USA.com, and active member of Pontiacbonnevilleclub.com and Grizzlycentral.com. Can't imagine where my rides would be without the help of forums, and I'm sure I'll be a regular here.

Only 2nd time I've owned a Ford product here other than my old Powerjoke, and I have to admit I am very impressed with the Continental I just bought! Only 69k on the ticker, and has barely seen rain. Nothing I've ever owned has remained stock for long... and can't wait to start tinkering with this one!

Welcome to the Forum. Let's see some pics. Being from KY do you bleed blue or red....I'm a big Cat fan but no worries I wont ride you too hard if your a cards fan :p

Welcome,glad to see another conti owner.You lucked out getting one with such low miles,they really are a great ride in and out.Throw up some pics when you get a chance.

Welcome to the Forum. Let's see some pics. Being from KY do you bleed blue or red....I'm a big Cat fan but no worries I wont ride you too hard if your a cards fan :p

Thanks fellas.
I'll get some pics up today hopefully.
Hmm I am a bit biased.. lol but the cards I don't hold too much of a grudge against :D

Welcome,glad to see another conti owner.You lucked out getting one with such low miles,they really are a great ride in and out.Throw up some pics when you get a chance.

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm digging this car. Picked it up for just under 4k, I figured I did alright on it.
I'm a big car guy, so I've always been kinda partial to the Conti because I've played with a couple 32v and they are pretty cool motors.

Here are a couple pics of my other toys:
'98 Zr2. Firestone compressor, Grover & Freightliner Airhorns, Rear Locker, LT1 E-Fans, MSD 6A, Cat Delete, Leather Seats, interior dripping in Carbon Fiber, a few trail scars, blah blah a continuous money pit..
100_2679.jpg

The Daily Driver - 98 Bonneville, Stock 3.8 w/ K&N, 28+mpg grandma cruiser & gas gitter
Untitled.png

'08 Yamaha Grizz. Independent Rear Suspension, Diff Lock, Halo Lights. Almost 4 years old and has 160 miles on it. lol Work and school doesn't let me play much.
102_3633.jpg

Under 4k with that low of miles!Whats the catch?missing bumpers,dead hooker in the trunk,caved in roof either way great deal.Sweeet collection of toys,especially the Zr2 that thing is rugged looking.I like how you did the clear corners on both,will you be doing the same on the conti?

Under 4k with that low of miles!Whats the catch?missing bumpers,dead hooker in the trunk,caved in roof either way great deal.Sweeet collection of toys,especially the Zr2 that thing is rugged looking.I like how you did the clear corners on both,will you be doing the same on the conti?

LOL
Nah, the guy that owned it before me bought it from his aunt in 2001 with around 20k on it. Since then, it's sat in his garage only getting driven occasionally since he had a company vehicle.
I've got the intermittent no start prob caused by a damn crank or cam sensor I'm tracking down, so he was scared of it...

Thanks on my rides. I had to put the Z's headlights in the oven and take em apart to make em... The Bonneville's I found on Amazon IIRC.
I'm sure the Lincoln won't remain stock for long at all... lol I'm tinting the windows as soon as I get this stupid problem fixed, then gonna start on the stereo.
Already looking for a spare set of headlights to play with. :p

How dark will you go?And throw some pics up before you get it tinted,nothing like seeing what tints do to the look of a car.I wish I can help more with your prob hopefully it's not to costly.What are you going do with the stereo?Gut the door speakers or head unit/sub?I got one extra headlight that I'm going to just say FTW and give this a try,I've been wanting to do them clear corners for while now.

Members online

Back