New to the Mark VIII forum

TriumphGT6

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am not new to the LVC forums, as I currently own a 1991 Lincoln Town Car, and post every so often in the TC forums here. I also drive a 1973 Triumph GT6 in the summer. I also already posted this is in the Mark VII forum as I was at work and not paying attention to what I was looking at.

The reason I am posting here is that I am being forced to get a smaller car to take off to college(not selling the TC or the Triumph) and I have $3000 lying around from fixing and selling a Saturn.

What other than the usual Lincoln stuff do I have to look for in a Mark? I know about the air suspension and cooling systems, but I am wondering what to look for.

Before deciding on a Mark VIII, I have been looking unsuccessfully(I want a great condition car) for a 1985 - 1989 Corvette. I was also looking at Mid to late 1990's S420's and S500's but I couldn't quite find one I liked for the price I wanted to pay($10K or Less, Cash + Sell Triumph).

I know what I am willing to spend, as I don't want to sell the TC or the GT6, as I do have access to a large heated garage at my Uncle's house where he'd be willing to let me keep my 2 extra cars there as long as I want.

Any Help Appeciated,
GT6New

You might laugh, but I look at the seats. If there isnt much cracking, I figure the previous owners took good care of the car. I also look at the engine. How clean is it? Thats just a few things... They really arent repair hogs - pretty much being solid if they feel solid. Most problems seem to be pretty obvious.

make sure that no noise comes from the suspension.(mine does) Its like a rattling noise.

Upper control arms, Rear shock mounts, and front lower ball joints. Take it for a test drive and see if it makes and rattling/banging noises, and then figure out whether it is coming from the front or rear. Also, Some marks came with hollow rear sway bars that tend to rust from the inside and break.

Members online

No members online now.
Back