New to me 96 Mark viii SRS

D3c0y

LVC Member
Reaction score
Have finally comitted to sex-ifying my 96 black/black mark srs but Jeebs i just dont know where to start?! any "must-Do's"? I have the HID's though the prev owner mcgyvered them and i have no high beams... Converted front end to struts (though back still on bags.. i will find u mcgyver!...)

mymarkstart.jpg

mostly stock Drilled/Slotted, Piped, Alpine head unit and 6x8's, strut & hid beam conv. kits. Tints soon! :)

Huh +1 what is a Mark VIII SRS ??? Are you taking that from the dash ?? If so that means Safety Restraint System. The air bags. Welcome, and nice car

so im just gonna go ahead and sign up under a new name so as never to have to take responsibility for having said that :) whos got two thumbs n is new to marks? *THIS GUY*
yah my safety restraint model lincoln is :q:q:q:q.... *embarassed* Maybe part of me wanted to believe it stood for sport racing series :D

so im just gonna go ahead and sign up under a new name so as never to have to take responsibility for having said that :) whos got two thumbs n is new to marks? *THIS GUY*
yah my safety restraint model lincoln is :q:q:q:q.... *embarassed* Maybe part of me wanted to believe it stood for sport racing series :D

Now that's funny.

Believe me, some n00bs have posted things that make you look like a genius.
Nice blk/blk gen one.

Welcome to LVC

the funny thing is, someone else years ago posted almost the same thing on another forum, they said they just bought a mark VIII SRS lmao!!! ehhh, its all good you didnt know! welcome to lvc.

ive had that argument with a kid that just bought a srs mustang and was telling me how the srs is better than a svt :slam:

oh and :W to :V

dont lie, all of u have always wanted the sport racing series :D

The sight has been really helpful so far, thanks to everyones previously done footwork.

@chicken - I love that silver mark, not usually a fav color but it pulls it off like a boss:cool:

but since i have ur attentions how about a couple quickie answers to help me expedite my "im on a budget but i cant resist spending it on my mark, upgrades"
I think ive got most of it but some of the questions i have seem so remedial they havnt yet been covered, or im not hittin the right keywords...

Blackout taillights - vinyl or is rattle can any good?
Chrome trim - Better to remove completely or paint - How easy to DIY paint?
Silver headlights - Also vinyl?
Cobrastar Badges - Doesnt anyone have a pair anywhere anymore? cant get any love on the posts...
LED Lightning eyes - Opinions? Part of me thinks itll be sexy, the other half thinks its gonna be tacky and look a bit..... hispanic? (no offense hombres :D)

I think that might get me covered! Thanks in advance for the help/patience

@chicken - I love that silver mark, not usually a fav color but it pulls it off like a boss:cool:

thanks, silver wasn't my first choice either but the car was in good enough condition so i jumped on it and couldn't be happier, also it never shows dirt ;)

I used to have a 97 Mark VIII. Traded it in for an 06 LS when the A/C and the heater went out, the front shocks sensor failed and blew a bag, one headlight went out (which I was happy to discover Ford GENIUSLY had hardwired into the car...), the tranny needed a rebuild when the coolant reservoir cap failed and overheated the engine (another brilliant design flaw, the coolant reservoir is NOT the highest point of the cooling system), the CD changer died and the driver seat stopped moving forward. All within about a year. Good luck. :)

Welcome to LVC! Nice Mark! Never heard the SRS before - I think I will use that when dudes ask me if it's my boyfriends car..." Oh no this Mark VIII SRS is mine!" lolol

You may want to double check those headlights again.. your 95 is a base and I don't think Lincoln ever put HIDs in a base, unless previous owner installed them. I'm sure I will be corrected if I am in error.

Your chrome trim looks to be in good condition, are there places where it is fading? Ive seen lots of attempts to cover it up, very few successful.

Regardless, do some poking around in here and you will find several threads on lights and trim and plenty of pics too.

Enjoy your Mark!

MsM8

:D u gotta love those 96 :cool:Sport Racing Series:cool: Model lsc's! Yah the headlights were installed by the previous owner, who at this point i believe was McGyver. The high beams however, still ugly, dim, and yellow :( sadly i only have so much $ to put in to her at a time and she's greedy.... :(
There are a few spots on the chrome fading out, and i just think i might like it better without, but after some deliberation i think i will just wait until all else is done and she gets her paint.
For now, just attempted my first spray lens tint, i think im fairly satisfied with it. left the lens on and managed to completely avoid overspray, though i think i might have been a bit light in a couple spots:mad:
Got a new Trunk lock Emblem from on here, i think it worked out well, especially for 20$
photo3.jpg

Markrear2.jpg

Markrear1.jpg

Blackout taillights - vinyl or is rattle can any good?
Probably best to avoid both.

Chrome trim - Better to remove completely or paint - How easy to DIY paint?
You can't remove it, but you can paint it.
You can DIY but the prep work is critical.

Silver headlights - Also vinyl?
Are you talking about the lens or the reflective material?

Cobrastar Badges - Doesnt anyone have a pair anywhere anymore? cant get any love on the posts...
They are increasingly hard to find and expensive.
They were made in a very limited run by the Geno at LMS.

LED Lightning eyes - Opinions? Part of me thinks itll be sey, the other half thinks its gonna be tacky and look a bit..... hispanic? (no offense hombres :D)
Are you intending to fabricate all of these parts because there's virtually no aftermarket support for this car.

You best bet is to restore the headlights and then install a HID retrofit kit in place of the halogen bulbs.

Rattle can worked decent for the tail lights, a clear coat might have helped. Wasn't bad for first attempt but some light coverage in areas.

Probably just going to leave the trim for now, maybe remove/bondo when Shea ready for paint

For the headlights I'm talking about the yellow of the lens for signals

Seems I'm out of luck for the cobrastars until someone decides to part with a pair or I can find Someone to replicate

I have the hid conversions already, but I'm talking about adding LED Strips, something o the effect of the new Audi headlight/runners.

Don't remember exact threadfor trunk lock emblems. User was kiethidle or something like that

Members online

No members online now.
Back