New to LVC

386Motoring

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. This seems to be one of the best forums to discuss Lincolns.

here are my lincolns
DSC03077.jpg

I have a 2000' LS8 and a 1996 Town Car. Both have been very good to me :)

I had a 88 yugo gvs fiat 1.1L it was a mover :lol: :lol: :lol: and yes that is the "tankieare" series TC

'Cause the new guy has a '96 town car with what looks to be 26's and a 2" lift.....

To each their own.

Welcome to LVC 386!

Thanks... I found my home in the LS and Town Car sections.

I question the level of insecurities in a member who lurks in the welcome wagon......

The Town car is different, it is what it is. No it isn't 4x4, but when the roads flood around here my LS can't make it through :)

Thanks... I found my home in the LS and Town Car sections.

I question the level of insecurities in a member who lurks in the welcome wagon......

The Town car is different, it is what it is. No it isn't 4x4, but when the roads flood around here my LS can't make it through :)

Thats one to think about it, welcome!

Lurks? Really?

lurk |lərk|
verb [ intrans. ]
(of a person or animal) be or remain hidden so as to wait in ambush for someone or something : a ruthless killer still lurked in the darkness.
• (of an unpleasant quality) be present in a latent or barely discernible state, although still presenting a threat : fear lurks beneath the surface | [as adj. ] ( lurking) he lives with a lurking fear of exposure as a fraud.
• [ intrans. ] read communications on an electronic network without making one's presence known.
ORIGIN Middle English : perhaps from lour + the frequentative suffix -k (as in talk).

This, coming from the self professed lurker?

Come now, you can do better than that. Not everyone is going to nut their underwear when they see your towncar. Dare I say, some will even poke fun at it. It's a free country (for now), and people have their opinions.

the upside of the town car is that it doesnt need to be jacked up to change the oil and...well thats about it, congrats on eliminating the need for a jack for routine maintenance.

Lurks? Really?

This, coming from the self professed lurker?

Come now, you can do better than that. Not everyone is going to nut their underwear when they see your towncar. Dare I say, some will even poke fun at it. It's a free country (for now), and people have their opinions.

there is alot of things to view on this site.... why hang out in the welcome wagon?

I was lurking the LS and town car forums.... when i first joined i thought i would post in here. Impressing people is not my concern at all. Opinions are cool also... this has nothing to do with that. I just figured that for a welcome wagon, it was kinda rude. If you can respect the work i put in my car then thats cool, if its not your cup of tea then why post a response? I have better things to do, don't you?

the upside of the town car is that it doesnt need to be jacked up to change the oil and...well thats about it, congrats on eliminating the need for a jack for routine maintenance.

only reason it needs to be jacked up is for wheel/suspension work.... i've changed oil, fuel filter, and pretty much anything else just by sliding on me creeper :)

Lets not forget that getting in the car is more convenient. I'm 6' tall and i can slide right in like a pick-up truck. LOL

That car was built for fun. I'm not a drug dealer or a thug. I just enjoy the toy car appearance.

there is alot of things to view on this site.... why hang out in the welcome wagon?

I suppose you haven't been lurking (even the LS) forums long enough to realize one important thing... We have a thing called a "New Posts" hyperlink at the top of the page. When you click on it, a magical thing happens.... The forum software compiles a list of new posts/threads that have been created since your last visit. It is truly amazing. Those poor midgets in the LvC computer work hard sometimes.

Furthermore... You see, you can post (and read) in any of the subforums here. Not just the LS, welcome wagon, etc. So, when we see a n00b post, some of us postwhores, will reply with some sort of a welcome.

I was lurking the LS and town car forums.... when i first joined i thought i would post in here.

Yay for you. We thought we'd post here too.

Impressing people is not my concern at all.

With a Towcar like that... it's debatable. But I digress.

Opinions are cool also... this has nothing to do with that. I just figured that for a welcome wagon, it was kinda rude.

You'll figure out that around here, some of us won't sugar coat it. If some of us think something looks like chit, we'll say so. If we think something looks good, we'll similarly, say that.

If you can respect the work i put in my car then thats cool, if its not your cup of tea then why post a response?

Why post a response? Uhhh... God, I hate sounding redundant...

I have better things to do, don't you?

Ummm. No... not really.

because each time someone post, it shows up on the "new posts" link at the top of the page.

nobody lurks in the welcome wagon area.

you just n00b'd all over yourself.
(lol)

i'm just here for cars.... not internet cred or to play in some kind of "who's cool" online game. I'm here to research cars, share information and meet fellow enthusiasts.

I didn't know they post new threads at the top... excuse me.

Every web forum i've been a part of has its own BS and i try to avoid the useless chatter. I'm here to learn :)

Thanks for the welcome!

i'm just here for cars.... not internet cred or to play in some kind of "who's cool" online game. I'm here to research cars, share information and meet fellow enthusiasts.

I didn't know they post new threads at the top... excuse me.

Every web forum i've been a part of has its own BS and i try to avoid the useless chatter. I'm here to learn :)

Thanks for the welcome!

Ok if your here to learn, there is the search function.

nobody gives a ratsa$$ about "who's cool".

If you want to research cars, there is the search function
{cant believe frogman left this out..see his sig)

If you want to meet fellow enthusiasts then be prepared for most all of them not to fit into your perceived expectation..meaning.. SOME OF US ARE A$$holes.
If you have a problem with that, there is another nifty forum tool you can use it's the "ignore" function.

When you run across one of us a$$holes, just click the ignore button and you wont have any of our BS interfereing with your research, please Excuse us.

Have a good say sir, enjoy your research and we'll try really hard not to disturb you.

Okaaaaay I'm gonna crawl back into my hole.
That damned new post button always drags me into trouble.

watch next time I hit it I'll wind up on the political discusson.. Oh crap.

Ha! Speaking of "cool guys", wait until he meets Petesweets!!

ehhh! give the guy some breathing room! he is new and just exploring! Welcome to the site! Don't worry what other people think! Opinions are like a*sholes,everyone has one!

Opinions are like a*sholes,everyone has one!

.................or two :shifty:

anyway i see LvC like a shop, lots of smart ass comments, jabs etc but its all done in fun. sure there is a occasional flame war but in the end were all still friends.

:W to :V

Members online

No members online now.
Back