New to LVC and on my 6th Mark! OMG, Where have I been?

97SilverLSCcobra

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey People, How are you all doing? I'm Daniel and I am in Huntsville, AL.
I can't believe I am just joining you guys and have had 6 Mark 8's!!!! Well my latest one I just purchased from Craigslist in Nashville, it is a '97 Silver Frost Clearcoat Metallic LSC with 79k miles on it. I bought it w/o an engine in it but it came with a Ford Remanufactured Replacement Engine w/ 15k miles on it!!! The car itself is in great shape. The interior is in excellent shape and all the pieces are still in-tact and not worn or broken!!! The body is almost perfect except the guy had his truck parked in front of the car and didnt have it in gear and the truck rolled into the hood/grill. But that is not bad at all. Paint is still excellent everywhere else. Window seal on rear is great and chrome trim around the 1/4 window is nice. Overall very nice LSC for $980!!! If it ran could easily sell for $5 of $6k!!! I will start a thread for my progress when I start putting this Beauty back together. Engine is about 2 to 3 weeks away before being put in. For now doing some cleaning on the engine and engine bay. Painted the intake silver that almost matches the car! Having the valve covers done black with silver cop covers this weekend! Well hope to get to know all you guys pretty soon!!!

Thanks for the welcome fellas!!! Does anyone know how to find out what year an engine is bye the numbers off of the block? and Whether a 1993 engine with all of the stuff except the heads swapped on it from a 1997 engine will work in a 1997 LSC if I have the stock original harness for the car itself and all I will be using is the lower half and the heads? The reason I am asking is because after I bought this car the guy tells me that it is a 1993 engine!!! But it was remanufactured bye Ford in 2000 so I am a little worried that I am about to run into some problems now!!! Let me know what you guys think!!! Also does the 1997 engine have the hose that comes from the back of the waterpump and runs under the manifold to the lines mounted on the back of the engine? or Is that something from the 1993 engine that I am going to have to change around? I have seen some pics of a 1997 engine with the manifold off of it and I didnt see that hose that my engine has!!! Getting worried now!!!

Interesting ... I'd would start a thread in the Mark VIII forum with this question. It will get more traffic from people who may have a better answer.

Jamie would have a good anwser as he parted out so many Mark VIIIs of all years that he'd know the wiring between them.

I do know that there are changes from the 93 to the 94 on some parts. Then from the 95 to 96, not sure from 96 to 97 as the 96 begins the OBD II engines and the 93-95 are OBD I

I know that on a 93 some of the connections are different ... So head to the Mark VIII forum and see what the members have to say ... don't be offended by some who like to test the will of some new people on the site. They are that way with everyone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back