New Tires?

cdixon

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just kinda trying to poll eveyone on what tire they feel is best for an 02 V8 Sport. My original Michelins are within approx. 5-8K away from needing to be replaced. My father and his father always taught me to stick with Michelins and nothing else so that is my preference. I want a higher mileage, quiet, somewhat performance oriented tire. Any suggestions? :L

Well, take your father's advise. Stick with Michelins. I'm currently running 245/45-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. It is a very quiet performance tire and grips like crazy in the rain. I ran Hankook Ventus Sport tires before these and they didn't last but 12,000 miles. Also, they were LOUD!!

Think of tires like this....there is only a small patch of tire that touches the pavement and I want to make sure that little patch is giving me the best traction I can get. You just can't beat a good Michelin tire. I've had them on every car I've owned and I was a fool going with the Hankook tires.

Do you think that the Pilot Sport A/S is the best tire Michelin makes for our cars? I noticed on Michelins website they only recomend the Pilot MXM4 which is the OE tire that I have on it now.

I had the MXM4's on my LS originally and they were a good tire. The tread rating on the MXM4's are not as good as the Pilot Sport A/S's. However, after having both tires the A/S's are hands down a better tire and it really compliments the LS's suspension. I'd highly recommend the Pilot Sport A/S tires.

I think that the goodyear LS tires are really good if you looking for quiet ride. :I

Members online

No members online now.
Back