New Problem

bearsfan39

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
so as some of you know, i've been having some problems with a misfire, well tonight i was on my way to a friends house and it started misfiring, it went away and then a little bit down the road it felt almost as if the transmission was slipping, the engine power went and when i went to step on the gas it completely died on me, came up with check advancetrac, gearselect data error, the oil light came on, and where it say P,R,N etc... it said E

I pull over and sit for a couple minutes, start it back up and head home, as soon as i am about to turn into my subdivision, it happens again, still had the E on the dash, but only this time instead of gear select data error and check advancetrac it said check transmission

any suggestions?

thanks

edit: oh and also there were no check engine lights but.... when i got home and plugged in the scanner it came up with code p0720 and then i've never seen these types of codes before U1262 and C1963

well i changed out the spark plug today and went through about 3 different coils until we found a good one and so far so good, when we pulled out the spark plug it was brown and wet so i'm guessing it was oil, so i need to get valve cover gaskets but hopefully this will last until spring when its warmer out

oh and p0720 is the Output speed sensor circuit and i have no idea what that is

the other 2 i have no idea what they are, i've never seen codes like that but ever since that last cop worked, i haven't been able to pull any codes

its known that bad misfires can generate false codes due to interference within the computer. Go all new coils and plugs and the other codes probably go away.

C1963 Stability Control Inhibit Warning Stability Assist Module
This DTC is for information only. GO to the Principles of Operation. CLEAR the DTC. REPEAT the self-test. (In other words, this is just the result of another fault code being set.)

U1262 SCP (J1850) Communication Bus Fault Message Center
(This one's not too uncommon, it's one of the mystery beep causes and I generally ignore it.)

Similar problem here..
I punched it from dead stop, all was good until it reached higher RPMs in 2nd gear. The car shut down, power steering and everything. On the dash it said 'Gear select data error'. I pulled over turned off car waited a few seconds started it up, started right up. However, the check engine light came on. Only Code I am getting is P1157 Lack of Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2 .
Any sugestions? What could this be?

Not to mention it sputters between 50-65 mph while accelerating gradually pretty much only and this is almost regularly.

2000 V8 83k mi.

C1963 Stability Control Inhibit Warning Stability Assist Module
This DTC is for information only. GO to the Principles of Operation. CLEAR the DTC. REPEAT the self-test. (In other words, this is just the result of another fault code being set.)

U1262 SCP (J1850) Communication Bus Fault Message Center
(This one's not too uncommon, it's one of the mystery beep causes and I generally ignore it.)

glad you chimed in. you definately know a lot about LS's and probably about cars in general.

doesn't the E mean transmission problem? especially in the context of him saying slipping?

Im having pretty much all the same issues... Just wondering if you ever found the problem.. Right now, everything is pointing to calibrating the PCM... I cant find the PCM right now though. Thanks.

ummmm.... no not really, it only did it that one time, although i have a mis-fire again, but got cop's coming in the mail to fix that, i think there might of another thread i had for something similar, let me check real quick

Members online

Back