New pics

Screw-Rice

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Got some unique pics, figure I would share. Seems as a final "F You" from the pos city of Colorado Springs, got a redlight ticket in the mail. As the pictures show (which was verified by a cop as accurate), I am clearly running a red light. :rolleyes: Of course these cameras are for safety, and not to generate revenue. :shifty:

Sure the BS ticket has nothing to do with the city being broke. I could contest the $75 ticket. However that would require a 120 mile drive (each way), $50ish in fuel, and 6 hours (minimum) of my time...yeah, not worth it. Couldn't be happier to be out of that city.

Plan on dropping an email to one of the news stations down there. Have the email of a reporter who did a story a few months back about similar incorrect violations.

Pretty clear I am running a redlight in these pics. States multiple times in the citation, that is why I was fined. Oh, and no there are no "No Turn On Red" signs in the area.
ImageVieweraspx.jpg

ImageVieweraspx-1.jpg

Sorry to hear that Kyle.

I'd fight it on principle. I've heard of a few BS traffic camera citations from this city.

You check and see if it adds the points to your record?

No points, considered a non moving violation...kinda ironic, eh? Having a CDL for work meant I wasn't going to screw around getting it paid and done. Then fight it after.

Hopefully reporter will decide to run with this, like the last story she did. Getting my money back would be nice if it happens. If not, oh well, have no intentions of being anywhere around that area again. Almost nothing positive came out of that place.

Well, if they show the pictures on the news for part of the story, atleast the camera is decent and your mark looks good ;)

I believe they got you for a rolling stop. It says you were traveling at 13MPH, as you crossed over the large white line. Then you continued with your turn. Thats illegal. You must come to a complete stop. They have done this many a time here in Florida. At least, thats how I see it from the picture. :(

^^That's what it looks like to me as well. Unless there's a green arrow just out of frame, going 13mph turning right on a red would be illegal. But the camera systems suck at being able to tell when you actually stop, so without video like they have here, it's hard to tell exactly. I like to waste the city/RedFlex's time by hauling ass up to a red light with a camera (as long as it's dry and low traffic,) then stopping as quickly as I can. The camera double flashes and takes a pic which someone has to review, but I've never received anything in the mail.

Also, as long as you come to a complete stop for a couple seconds at the light, you can run a red light without tripping the camera. Because it is legal here to stop and then turn right, and the inductance loops can't tell which lane you're in, you can go straight or left on a red as well...

I believe they got you for a rolling stop. It says you were traveling at 13MPH, as you crossed over the large white line. Then you continued with your turn. Thats illegal. You must come to a complete stop. They have done this many a time here in Florida. At least, thats how I see it from the picture. :(

X2. You must be stopped for a minimun of 4 second. Clearly you weren't if you look at the times. Redlight camera are bs when they are not even city property.

Agree with above.Never cool getting cought by those cameras.

I was actually looking at the pictures to see if there would be a chance if any of those cars were my sister or my niece.Don't even know what they drive.That doesn't help much. LOL!

Members online

No members online now.
Back