new owner/problems

M

Mesick Madman

Hi all, I am a new owner of a 91 conti, and would like some help figuring out a small problem it has.

As of right now, best I can do is run the engine while it sits on blocks, waiting on new struts (bad air bags all the way around). I am replacing them with non-air ride setup. After checking out most of the parts involved in the air ride suspension, I found all this to be bad:

Compressor, air dryer, 3 of the 4 lines, and all 4 struts. Dont be shocked, it sat for 2+ yrs as the former owner was tired of fixing it!

Suspension problem aside, the airbag light flashes 5 times repeatedly. can anyone help out by telling me what that code means?

Also, the trunk closing motor is shot, someone actually BROKE the motor out of the assembly! Easy fix there, just need replacement.

Thanks for all the help.

:W to :V Check with StrutMasters about a coil spring replacements, I just converted my Air ride suspension to coil springs and it rides good. The air ride light can be disabled by cutting the green wire at the diagnostic port in the trunk and grounding it to the body. I have a 1990 Lincoln Continental.

I have considered the Strutmasters conversion, as well as the one from Arnott. I havn't decided which to do yet, and they are priced within a few $ of each other.

One of the major expenses of owning a Continental, is the air suspension. IT WILL be one less problem out of the way. www.americanairsuspension.com

JFYI, if you get a burning smell after driving, have the power steering lines looked at. They are bad about leaking and spraying on the exhaust.

Also, if you put it in gear, either reverse or forward and you feel something shift, start planning for the motor mounts.

Mesick Madman, if you have any questions about our conversion kits please let me know and I will be glad to assist you in any way possible. If you need anything just let me know.

Thanks,
Strutmasters Team
866-597-2397

Members online

Back