New (old) House

tda13

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So, I purchased an older home (1830) on December 30th, 08 and started restoring it. Our goal was to be done before June 1st. To date, I have put a new roof on it, 30 new windows, a new kitchen, two new storm doors, new carpet and pulled the carpet and refinished the floor in one room. Here are some progress pics.

House Before and After Pictures 007 resized.jpg

House Before and After Pictures 003 resized.jpg

New House 2024.jpg

fireplace 4.jpg

House Before and After Pictures 074 resize.jpg

New House 023 resize.jpg

House Before and After Pictures 014.jpg

New House 2015 resize.jpg

after pics 004.jpg

Looks really good so far. Your dog doesn't look too enthused though haha.

I'm confused. It looks like you removed the chimney but are using the fireplace.

Actually there are two chimneys. The one I removed was not used at all and the tuc pointing was really bad... I did not want it to fall on the new roof. I should have posted a better picture of the house from the out side.

Awesome man!! Now get Ghost Hunters in there!! LOL.

I just moved out of a 105 year old house and man was that place freaky. LOL

I'm jealous, that house is gorgeous! I love older homes, tons of character. The woodwork is great. What was the deal with the red contemporary looking kitchen? Looks much better now, fits the house well. Keep your eye out for an old cast iron or stained glass fireplace screen. Get a Van Dykes catalog to help find lights and trim pieces, iron grates, switch plates, ect, (great stuff in those catalogs). Lets see pics of the whole house now.:D

Nice!

Im kind of confused with the kitchens myself.

Im buying a old house. Didnt get around to finding out the date it was built but its a farm house type.

That wood looks awesome! We have trim like that but our floors need work yet. We also have stone walls on the downstairs with the huge thick beams for support. I just re did the kitchen cause we had a small fire and I had to poke a hole in the wall to check that the fire didnt spread to behind it and found the same stone as the rest of the downstairs so I ripped it all off. Looks nice but Im not finished yet.

I love those windows. Thats gotta look pretty tranquil when a big snow storm comes in.

Members online

Back