justin2000

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2000 Lincoln LS V8 and was wandering how to tell if its a sport or not. can anyone help me

Welcome

If the car has crome on the front and rear bumpers it is not a sport.
There are other differences but that is the easiest to see.

Sport - Has the SST shifter
Non Sport - Does not

Sport - No chrome on front and rear bumpers
Non sport - Does have chrome

Pretty Easy to tell :)

Let me be the first LS'er to say hello...

welcome

the 2000 premium was a 'sport' (all the sport features) but has all the other trimmings....

if the car came with 17" rims it had all the sport features...... except the sst

I think another way to tell is if it has wood steering wheel and shifter its NOT a sport. If its an all leather steering wheel and shifter its a sport also. Besides the bigger more noticeable suggestions the other fellows posted.

justin2000 said:
what does the sst shifter look like
The SST shifter is a regular shifter in the center console but it also slides to the right (passenger) side and you can choose which gear from 2-5 you want.
It is an automatic trans that you can manually up shift and down shift.

justin2000 said:

sorry - not the best pic - but the shifter has a + and - on the right hand track.

SST pic.jpg

Ok quik that just ruined my post..lol
Did you put that wood trim kit in there..lol

Never thought of putting a 110 plug in the dash. Is that what the switch is for?
I take it, no heated seats.

MikeB said:
Never thought of putting a 110 plug in the dash. Is that what the switch is for?
I take it, no heated seats.

the switch is for the 110V - use my laptop a lot.

I use SST a bunch - but I use the PADDLE Shifts not the shifter :N

Pic6.JPG

ok quik is your car a cross breed. Looks like you have an audiophile setup to with wood steering wheel and shifter. And from where i have found the audiophile wasn't even an option in the sport models, but that might have just been for the 2000 lincolns, so i mean i am not insisting that this is true but from my understanding that sport models only came with all leather steering wheel and shifter and the audiophile was only an option on the non sports.

oh and by the way i love paddle on the steering. took a lot of knowledge to do that kinda modification didn't it. looks sweet.

justin2000 said:

Hurst Dual-Gate: The ORIGINAL auto-stick!

Quik LS, I take it you wear driving gloves when you autocross? That wood wheel (like mine) drives me nuts during spirited parking lot maneouvers.

Can you ger a better shot of the paddles and how do they work?
How do you use them to change gears?

jdsimons said:
ok quik is your car a cross breed. Looks like you have an audiophile setup to with wood steering wheel and shifter. And from where i have found the audiophile wasn't even an option in the sport models, but that might have just been for the 2000 lincolns, so i mean i am not insisting that this is true but from my understanding that sport models only came with all leather steering wheel and shifter and the audiophile was only an option on the non sports.

right - it was a 01 premium - 17 wheels, sport suspension - but all the nice interior upgrades. I converted to the SST shifter myself.

MikeB said:
Can you ger a better shot of the paddles and how do they work?
How do you use them to change gears?

I use the SST in shifter in autocrossing alot - to prevent the trannie from upshifting when I'm cornering and lift off the gas - SST lets me hold it in gear.

The paddles work the same as the stick - one upshifts the other downshifts - there are off a BMW M3. I like the paddles so I can shift without taking my hand soff the wheel.

I understand what they do, but how do you push them?

Do you use your thumb from the front of the wheel or do they move in toward the column?

Do they turn with the wheel?

MikeB said:
I understand what they do, but how do you push them?

Do you use your thumb from the front of the wheel or do they move in toward the column?

Do they turn with the wheel?

you pull them towards you - and they are mount through the steering wheel back housing. they trip relays I wired in to the actual SST shifter circuit to make or break the connection like the shifter does.

Members online

No members online now.
Back