new mark viii!!/ issues??

richduty455

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I got the bug again and HAD to get another mark viii for my daily...I picked up a 93 Nordic Blue/ aquamarine. Car has 119k on it, body and paint are MINT! (perfect grille too) runs great like a mark should :) but has air ride issues. Car is ON THE GROUND!!! I mean super super flat, tires hitting fenders low. Car has a hard fault....turn the key and right away "check air suspension" From what the owner told me (don't know if I believe him) If he put the car on a lift the air ride would turn on and start to pump up. All I've done was flick the switch off and on and still the same "check air suspension" any thoughts? Would that happen if i lifted the car? I want to try to fix the air ride in this one since apparently it was newer, 2008 had new bags installed

So I got the bug again and HAD to get another mark viii for my daily...I picked up a 93 Nordic Blue/ aquamarine. Car has 119k on it, body and paint are MINT! (perfect grille too) runs great like a mark should :) but has air ride issues. Car is ON THE GROUND!!! I mean super super flat, tires hitting fenders low. Car has a hard fault....turn the key and right away "check air suspension" From what the owner told me (don't know if I believe him) If he put the car on a lift the air ride would turn on and start to pump up. All I've done was flick the switch off and on and still the same "check air suspension" any thoughts? Would that happen if i lifted the car? I want to try to fix the air ride in this one since apparently it was newer, 2008 had new bags installed

You can lift the car no problem. You turn the trunk switch off first. I would start by switching the ABS relay to the Air ride Relay spot to rule that out. Then listen for pump to work. OH i forgot do you hear pump run? Did you save all the old air ride parts from your other mark that you put springs in?

Congrats on the new buy

I have an entire set of air springs front and rear IF you need them but hopefully its a pump or relay

Im local

if you can find a way to lift the car up a bit it might work, if the car is too low the height sensors will be out of range and you will get that instant check air ride message.

it's an easy first thing to try, turned out to be the problem with my 93 (aside from the slow leak that dropped it in the first place)

Cant wait to see\hear about the progress. Im glad Im not the only one that keeps coming back to a mark as a DD.

Members online

Back