new job part II

viiiball

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, procharger hasn't called back yet, kinda bummed, I have been kicking around a second idea though and want your feedback, My wife has work in the car buisness for a while ....@ dealerships, she trying to get me into sales, what do you think?,I never took it as a option before cause i have never been in sales and frankly , i don't really like car salesman(no offense to sales people here, I have met some cool people, I'm talking your cliche sterotype)Anyway do any of you guys sell cars or have in the past and what advice can you offer if I was to take a position....the money looks good, maybe worth a try...let me know and no jokes please LOL :Beer :feed

If you think you can do the job, why not? What can it hurt to try?

if you think it fits you than go for it. my grandpa was a salesman for years and he loved it and it was good money.

I can speak from personal experience. Sold Lincolns and Mercury's for 4 years back in the mid '80's. Send me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you a call and answer any questions you may have. I have been out for quite a while so things have changed. Invoice pricing, better educated consumer,etc. But I think the money is still good but the hours are still long at most dealerships. That to me is the key, finding a dealership that respects your right to have a life. Otherwise, the place can quickly become a jail as you watch life pass by. That is what got to me the most. The 8:30 to 9:30, and coming in on your days off because you are afraid of losing a deal because a be-back is coming in that day.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I have never been a car salesman. But I know some who are and some who were and they echo what MonsterMark says. Way too many hours. It's a burnout job. If that's your thing, then go for it. But if you have doubts, keep looking.

then maybe thats not for me, part of the reason i am burned out on my current job are not enough time with my family and also no times for my hobbies(the Mark) I'm gonna keep looking until somthing hits me , I want to work in the automobile field,but not being ASE cert.,most mechanic jobs are not for me,maybe service advisor or light mechanic at dealership? any ideas, let me know, thanks guys. BTW I know it sounds like i am putting my fate in your guys hands, but I am just getting ideas

Kbob said:
I have never been a car salesman. But I know some who are and some who were and they echo what MonsterMark says. Way too many hours. It's a burnout job. If that's your thing, then go for it. But if you have doubts, keep looking.

Members online

No members online now.
Back