New HID headlamp kit for Gen II Mark VIII

TeamFord

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know, Ford has had problems building the replacement bulb for the 97-98 Mark's with HID. Well they came out with a new kit recently. The kit consists of both the left and right complete headlamp assemblies with all new bulbs. Below is the part # and price, remember, this is for BOTH lamps and bulbs.

7R9Z-13008-A List $729.07 LVC $542.86, S&H is $15.

Are headlamp assemblies available for 1993 MKIII's? How much please.

?

It's no secret that these kits are out. They've been out for a while. The problem is availability. How many do you have on hand ready to ship?

It's no secret that these kits are out. They've been out for a while. The problem is availability. How many do you have on hand ready to ship?

Looks like there is nothing for a while. Seems those are still on backorder until sometime in September. But not only that, they have about 450 on backorder already, and only show shipping out like 19 kits. If someone does need a kit real bad, I did locate 2 sets at another dealer.

PART #: 7R9Z 13008A ENG #: 7R9J13N053AA
PART NAME: HEADLAMP ASY DATE OFF B/O: 09/14/07 B/O RANKING:
DATE MERCHANDISER REMARKS
1. FILL EM-ORDS FROM: SUPPLIER UPON RECEIPT
2. CAUSAL DESCRIPTN1: SUB SUPPLIER ISSUES
3. CAUSAL DESCRIPTN2: .
4. 80107 WORKING WITH SUB SUPPLIER ON KIT COMPONENT ISSUES Q4G
5. 80107 COMPLETE KIT FOR RIGHT AND LEFT HAND SIDES Q4G
6. 80107 PLEASE NOTE COST CHANGE ON NEW PART Q4G

And

PDC+PRC ON-HND:
PKG TOT ON-HND:
INTRNST TO PKG: 12
NXT MTH DEMAND: 175
AIMS INVENTORY:
B/O QUANTITY: 447
DATE OFF B/O: 09/14/07

Are headlamp assemblies available for 1993 MKIII's? How much please.

Yes I can get those for you.

F3LY-13008-A List $292.80 Inet $218.02 LVC special $200.00
F3LY-13008-B List $278.85 Inet $207.63 LVC special $195.00

If you would please send me a pm with info on how and where to send my cc details I will do this right now.

Thanks

Thats good pricing for Gen I headlights. I think I paid $209 a while ago and THAT was a steal.

And to clarify, the Gen III housings are HALOGEN, not HID :( But converting to after-market HIDS will be a lot easier with these housings.

Thats good pricing for Gen I headlights. I think I paid $209 a while ago and THAT was a steal.

And to clarify, the Gen III housings are HALOGEN, not HID :( But converting to after-market HIDS will be a lot easier with these housings.

From what I know, the 1997-1998 Mark VIII's all had HID lights, it was the 1995-1996 model that had both halogen and HID was an upgrade option.

From what I know, the 1997-1998 Mark VIII's all had HID lights, it was the 1995-1996 model that had both halogen and HID was an upgrade option.

What Unity was getting at, is the the new kit from ford is a Halogen conversion. Ford is not carrying the HID bulbs any more. This kit includes housing with bulbs and a new SCIL module, so you don't have the Headlight warning message.

Exactly what I was saying.

This is good and bad. Its bad because there is no longer a HID option for Gen IIs that is OEM. Its good because one can now covert to HID with these units VERY easily since they use standard base bulbs. Not that is legal anyway, but before the kits were heavily modified and may have been far from exact and more costly. Now one can get any kit form anywhere for cheap.

It's bad for Gen2s. But at least your cars came with HIDs.

Us Gen1s who suffered with the lack of headlamps and paid BIG BUCKS to get HIDs now find themselves abandoned...

again. :mad:

I bought my set of hallogen headlamps from team ford for my 95 over a year ago and they still look great! $400 bucks is what I paid as well. Bill is a good guy.

Yes I can get those for you.

F3LY-13008-A List $292.80 Inet $218.02 LVC special $200.00
F3LY-13008-B List $278.85 Inet $207.63 LVC special $195.00

thats a good price.

everyone beat me to the comments on the new gen2 kits though.

97 Mark VIII HID Headlamp assemblies (Availability)

What is the current status of the Headlamp Assemblies? Are they still on backorder or currently available to ship? I need a set desperately for my 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII. Thank you

As some of you may know, Ford has had problems building the replacement bulb for the 97-98 Mark's with HID. Well they came out with a new kit recently. The kit consists of both the left and right complete headlamp assemblies with all new bulbs. Below is the part # and price, remember, this is for BOTH lamps and bulbs.

7R9Z-13008-A List $729.07 LVC $542.86, S&H is $15.

Good thing is there are still new headlights available...might grab some when it comes time for paint, but thats gonna be a while.

However, i never want to lose my hid's so i'll stick with the conversion kits regardless of what housing i use.

New parts FTW! :)

What is the current status of the Headlamp Assemblies? Are they still on backorder or currently available to ship? I need a set desperately for my 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII. Thank you

They are available. Ford upped the list price on them so don't expect to get a set for $500 though. I have a set I got from Maxx on my car with an HID kit from mafioso

I've been trying to get a kit from Mafioso for a few weeks with no luck. We have gone back and forth on email and I'm hoping to locate a set from ford (wish, hope, wish some more) before I just scrap the idea and go buy a new car.

I just spoke to the parts counter @ TeamFord and they said they are out of stock, but that there are a few in the pipeline. But those on the list would get first shot at them. Any other alternatives would be appreciated.
Thanks, Eddie

I've been trying to get a kit from Mafioso for a few weeks with no luck. We have gone back and forth on email and I'm hoping to locate a set from ford (wish, hope, wish some more) before I just scrap the idea and go buy a new car.

I have kits in stock and I am local in SoCal, I can install if you need it.

www.hidsolutions805.com

i just spoke with mafioso this morning, his stuff just arrived in customs (new style ballasts) give him a few days and i'm sure he'll have the kits ready.

Members online

No members online now.
Back