New brakes soon....

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OBy summer, ill need to replace my front brakes, and the rotors will have to be replaced also. Now I dont want to spend a ton of money, so keeping that in mind, what would you recommed I do and why?

Depends on whats a lot of money.
You can either go with stock replacement stuff for about 100 bucks or so or you can upgrade to larger rotors with 4 piston calipers for about 550.
One thing to ention with the larger brakes you will need 17inch or larger wheels.

Ive got stock wheels ---

No, dont wanna spend 550 -- few hundred maybe --

unstoppable said:
Depends on whats a lot of money.
You can either go with stock replacement stuff for about 100 bucks or so or you can upgrade to larger rotors with 4 piston calipers for about 550.
One thing to ention with the larger brakes you will need 17inch or larger wheels.

just a little information I can offer

Joey what are your driving habits like? Do you road race? Or heavy stop and go traffic?
United Brakes offers a sever duty rotor for most applications.
It is constructed of heavier metal and is cross-drilled for ventilation, with the addition of ceramic pads; I think you could stop with little or no fade in just about any circumstance you could come across with an exception of Auto Cross or all out road racing.

Mostly regular stop n go -- although I do tend to brake a lil harder then most people.........

justcauz said:
Joey what are your driving habits like? Do you road race? Or heavy stop and go traffic?
United Brakes offers a sever duty rotor for most applications.
It is constructed of heavier metal and is cross-drilled for ventilation, with the addition of ceramic pads; I think you could stop with little or no fade in just about any circumstance you could come across with an exception of Auto Cross or all out road racing.

If your looking for the cheap way out do it yourself.The rotors cost about 35bucks each pads around 18$ and if you need to replace the calipers 35$ each plus 25$ for core charge.All at Auto Zone.

Don't buy at AutoZone. I think I can get you a better price. Come down to the vendor forum, and let me know if you are still looking.

Lilac

I definitely recommend replacing the front rotors and pads at the same time. You could drive your wreck up here and I'll do them for a case of beer and some laughs. Fronts are super easy, rears a little more challenging. Should run about $90 to replace front rotors and pads not including the :Beer beer.

Members online

Back