New ballast didnt work.....what to do next?

02LS8Lincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so about 2 weeks ago my neon light stopped working. It was perfect until then. It has no condensation it has no black spots it looks brand spanking new. So I got me a used ballast from ebay. According to the person I bought it from it was working before he sold it to me. I installed it and guess what? The neon doesnt turn on. Do you guys have any suggestions? Could it be that he sold me a broken ballast? What do I do here guys? Is there a way of testing the neon with something else instead of a ballast?

Go through ebay to get your money back. They almost always side with the buyer and force the refund.

I got a bad ballast off of ebay before too then I bought another one and it worked so you probably just got screwed.

This might be a stupid question but I don't own a Gen 2 so bare with me. Can't the ballast be voltage tested? I could just be a loose plug somewhere in the trunk and both ballasts might be good?

id check for power/ground/and all the signal wires to the ballast, make sure it isnt a broken wire somewhere

chickenVIII i rechecked everything....trust me how mad I was I made sure all the wires were connected.

yeah just because its plugged in dont mean that its not broken in the middle of the loom

+1

Common enough problem.

If that is not the issue you either got a bad ballast(I had an extra that I tested before I shipped and showed up dead so it might not be the sellers fault) or a short inside the neon housing. I have had this issue as well. It will kill the factory ballast quick.

YUP... the good ole "internal short"

The good thing about the glitch ballast is that is comes with great instructions on how to get the neon working and keeping it working by eliminating the internal short circuit issue.

I'd just lick my wounds and email glitch.. get it fixed right..the second time and be done with it for a very very long time.

Neon

You know, I have a neon problem as well. It started with the light flashing on and off after sitting for a couple days at the airport. Then It quit altogether, but would work once in a while. I have changed ballasts, lights both and shuffled the parts back and forth with no positive results. I am still trying to get it fixed, but have been unable. It's the coolest part of the car outside of the motor, so I am following this thread to see just what I am missing. I sure would like to find someone in the Kansas City MO area that could help me with this issue!

I'm in shawnee kansas. Two heads together would be better then one.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back