new 97 mark owner

1sik32v

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm a new 97 mark VIII LSC owner as of 10/30/10 got it at a junk yard car sell.... it has 105k miles seats are worn but planned on racing seats anyways runs great plenty of power but needs tune up and sensor cleaning since my 95 tbird with little mods feels faster..... but we will see it needs a serious tune up though trans feels great but will get a j-mod to help prevent overheating with a trans cooler.... I have a lot to learn about these cars I know but how hard is a spring conversion the bags have a slight leak but pump works and inflates within about 2-3 minutes all around and holds in air for over night........but I have done the suspension myself on my bird so it shouldn't be any different right I hope lol thanks

search around for instructions on the spring conversion..Its super easy to do...

You can use t-bird front struts if you want. If converting to coils you can use t-bird upper control arms too..Wich are cheaper then the viii's. For the rear susp im not sure.

Soon ill post I just got it and at work at the moment and ok thanks for the info on the swap it'll be a while before I do it but yeah its the red not bright red its a nice shade of red

theres the color like mine (t. red) then cordovan (?) wich is the darker red.

Dont go to long w/o replacing the bags..before you know it the compressor or relay will fry and you'll be sol

I'm not ientirely sure it looks a lot like yours and sbcaprice and thanks for the tip on the bags is there any way to repair them at all

nope do a converstion look at american air or ebay but stay away from arrontt i have them and the fronts suck ass and im replacing with kyb shocks

well i have tokico electronic adjustable struts and shocks i fund at the junk yard off a cougar xr7 on my bird and with stock springs it handles really well so i might switch those out......
me 070.jpg
me 076.jpg
me 072.jpg
me 079.jpg
me 080.jpg
me 081.jpg

me 070.jpg

me 076.jpg

me 072.jpg

me 079.jpg

me 080.jpg

me 081.jpg

wait whos the pinhead and i didnt say anything about conventional struts im confused now:confused:

Dont worry about frogman. He's this sites smartass. To be nice.

wait whos the pinhead and i didnt say anything about conventional struts im confused now:confused:

how hard is a spring conversion the bags have a slight leak but pump works and inflates within about 2-3 minutes all around and holds in air for over night........but I have done the suspension myself on my bird so it shouldn't be any different right I hope lol thanks

Conventional Struts = The shock thinghies upfront that have springs over them instead of Air bags. They're called "Struts". Much like the Tokiko's. The Tokiko setup you have on the t-bird is called a "conventional strut" and "conventional shock"

Dont worry about frogman. He's this sites smartass. To be nice.

I am not LvC's smart ass! That would be Pete. I am the search NAZI, damn you, Infidel! I keeeeel you!

Conventional Struts = The shock thinghies upfront that have springs over them instead of Air bags. They're called "Struts". Much like the Tokiko's. The Tokiko setup you have on the t-bird is called a "conventional strut" and "conventional shock"

I am not LvC's smart ass! That would be Pete. I am the search NAZI, damn you, Infidel! I keeeeel you!

Is Pete laser? Your alittle more then a search nazi in my book.:F

Oh I thought u mentioned conventional as a factory strut deal I feel that anything not a factory item is better if the brand is known like kyb,blistein,tokico etc. And honestly the tokicos helped out a lot with my bird

~Groan~

Pete is the resident smart ass
I am the resident search NAZI and chief antagonist.
Laser is my protege and substitute search NAZI when I'm not around.

Jesus, man!

:lol:

Thats better.

WELCOME!!!! looks like you found a good one, and a good one found you!

I think Eddy still sells bags and compressors if you wanna keep the air ride, If not, Im sure you can find some, will cost more, but imo well worth it!!

Just curious, what made you buy?

MsM8

WELCOME!!!! looks like you found a good one, and a good one found you!

I think Eddy still sells bags and compressors if you wanna keep the air ride, If not, Im sure you can find some, will cost more, but imo well worth it!!

Just curious, what made you buy?

MsM8

Ok thanks for the info and the real reason I'm not goin to lie is the engine really and that on the way home fom buying it I got 22 mpg and climing before I pulled into the drive way..........and its comfortable great handling and it'll be funny wen I get to modding it and ki keep up with 99- gt mustangs or even beat them which I know shouldn't take much gears tune cai and uderdrive pulleys should wake this thing up

Congratulations, you passed your a true LVC member!! Now proceed to the Guys thread (in my sig block) for your hazing ;)

Lol kool thanks I just need to figure out how to put pics on my page

Did you drive it out of O/D all the way home? :lol:

No I was fu$kin around a lot before and I only drove 20 miles to get it home again it was climbing and also it needs a serious tune up,oil change, mafs cleaning, air filter etc.

No I was fu$kin around a lot before and I only drove 20 miles to get it home again it was climbing and also it needs a serious tune,oil change, mafs cleaning, air filter etc.

Oh and seeing 22 is new to me since the best I ever got out of my bird was 25 goin to Vegas from socal at 80 its about 250 miles from my zip code so its rare I get that kinda mileage

bird looks too tall. leave the air on the mark, its a very simple system that everyone over thinks and makes complicated

and :W to :V

Members online

No members online now.
Back