New 2000 LS. Looking for parts recommendations.

Black_Sunshine

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum. I recently bought a 2000 LS. It has a new electronic-controlled fan assembly, so the hydraulic issue is gone from the start. I would like to do a suspension rebuild, or at least replace the most common wear items. My goal is to restore the car to the original factory ride (or as close as possible.)

Can you guys tell me which suspension parts are the best to buy? I especially want to avoid cheap crap that doesn’t work as well as it should. I didn’t buy a Yugo. I want the original Lincoln feel, so I am willing to buy the better parts. I just don’t know which ones to buy, which ones to avoid.
Can you share your experiences?

Thanks,
Jason

Black Sunshine 2.jpgBlack Sunshine.jpg

Black Sunshine 2.jpg

Black Sunshine.jpg

Nice ride Jason.

As far as parts,,, some are only available through a dealer... while others have been obsoleted by the dealer. Rock Auto seems to be what most people on this site use for parts. As far as brand name aftermarket parts... Moog is now making MOST suspension parts for the LS. Lemforder, (who makes/made most of the factory suspension parts), is a susidiary of ZF... and some of that stuff is still available. Motorcraft, (of couse), and AC Delco are good too. Can't comment on the rest.

Concerning shocks and springs... Ford has discontined most of these,,, so its a matter of what is left... but the parts available depend on your vin #. The general opinion of most of the aftermarket shocks seems varied. It depends on what you are willing to settle for... unless you want to go throught the hassle of finding and installing Jag S-Type parts,,, or do a lowering spring kit.

The shocks are the biggest headache,,, along with stock height springs and rear lower control arms. There are many threads around this forum about this issue. Do a search and learn.

BTW... Welcome to LVC.

I 2nd the rock auto. Moog is the way to go. If you have sport package you can soften the ride with base model shocks/struts.

Members online

No members online now.
Back