Need the pros to toss me some ideas on opening a jammed hood plz

Scallywag

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So my BA was recently wrecked and I ended up scoring a decent White Pearl(WF) to take over as my daily driver. On Friday the WF threw a P0303 code after stumbling a bit on my way home from work and so I figured to swap the spark plugs & COPs from the downed Mark since I tuned it up last Sept.

However, as you can see in these gory pics, the BA's frame shifted "left" when impact occurred,

attachment.jpg

meanwhile the hood did some Matrix stuff and managed to stand still throughout the whole ordeal. So now I can't open the hood to tear apart the engine bay for spare parts to use or put for sale, nor can I teach myself how to rebuild the engine because the latch is "gridlocked" due to the shift.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I can't unbolt it by the windshield because I'd then have to unbolt the solenoids that hold it up. I think....
Anyways, a quick trip to Advanced to buy a BWD COP & MotorCraft plug, 10-15 mins later and all is well as far as the WF is concerned.

So how can I go about to opening the engine bay? Any and all ideas are welcomed!

Have you tried to unbolt the front hood latch to relieve the tension? The grill is missing so go in through there

For real, just like that!? Just undo the bolts in red and I'm home free?

20150301_144847[1].jpg

And here I was thinking I was going to have to dremel my way around the latch retainer(er whatever it's called...) just to open the hood.

Muchos thanks!1!1!!

20150301_144847[1].jpg

I just went out and looked at my GenII, and it appears if you release the two outside bolts it should come up with regular force.

Yea I don't know how I didn't realize that when I first took the pics in my attempt to save a quick $48.

I'm so naive to this that stuff like that with the latch should be obvious to me but is overlooked by yours truly. But now that the hood is up I've already begun to dismantle the engine bay little by little and look forward to recouping some $$ by selling some parts or saving some $$ by swapping parts from the BA into the K4 or WF.

Thanks again!

Members online

Back