Need some contact info for hub redrilling.

94m5

Dmaup's Daddy
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to hub swap an viii,

I need the contact info for the guy who takes the stock viii rear Huns and redrills them. Also needing the hubcentric rings to go with them.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

just buy a drillpress and drill them youself. I be you can get rotors from a junkyard tbird or something to practice on.

Cool setup he has and its much cheaper than buying new hubs...

DON'T DO IT!

I have a pair that I got 2 years ago and they do not work! They aren't off by much but they are off enough the wheel/rotor does not fit properly!

Thanks for the link, I had forgotten all about contacting him for a refund. I doubt I'll get it but you never know.

DON'T DO IT!

I have a pair that I got 2 years ago and they do not work! They aren't off by much but they are off enough the wheel/rotor does not fit properly!

Thanks for the link, I had forgotten all about contacting him for a refund. I doubt I'll get it but you never know.

Thats why I'm afraid to do them myself....If your off at all youll have fitment issues and even a wobble going down the road..

Thats why I'm afraid to do them myself....If your off at all youll have fitment issues and even a wobble going down the road..

Luckily DLF had a spare pair of cobra hubs and the new bearings swapped over without a hitch.

DON'T DO IT!

Luckily DLF had a spare pair of cobra hubs and the new bearings swapped over without a hitch.

If that's the same guy that did Driller's hubs, he hasn't a clue what he's doing, they weren't even close enough that you could put a Cobra rotor on the hub. :eek:

Not to mention that he doesn't even know how to properly press hubs into the knuckles.

If that's the same guy that did Driller's hubs, he hasn't a clue what he's doing, they weren't even close enough that you could put a Cobra rotor on the hub. :eek:

Not to mention that he doesn't even know how to properly press hubs into the knuckles.

I wasn't endorsing the guy, just passing the info. I prefer cobra hubs all along anyway.

What did he do wrong on the hub press ? Care to share ?

I wasn't endorsing the guy, just passing the info. I prefer cobra hubs all along anyway.

What did he do wrong on the hub press ? Care to share ?

The correct way to press in the hubs is to support the inner bearing race during the press.

The incorrect way is to just support the knuckle. The result is that the hub doesn't get pressed in all the way, it's sloppy, and it leads to bearing and/or hub failure.

When I got my hands on Driller's knuckles and hubs, there was a bunch of slop, I could actually wiggle the hub in the knuckle.

Hey John,

If you would, get ahold of the guy an see what he has to say about messing them up, and what he will do about it. Let me know, because that will be one my deciding factors.

I am currently looking for a set of Used oem cobra hubs, but they can be difficult to find. I know I can go through max, but at over 300 bucks it's kinda offputting.

Mike

Hey John,

If you would, get ahold of the guy an see what he has to say about messing them up, and what he will do about it. Let me know, because that will be one my deciding factors.

I am currently looking for a set of Used oem cobra hubs, but they can be difficult to find. I know I can go through max, but at over 300 bucks it's kinda offputting.

Mike

Look HERE.

Hey John,

I need to check my records before I go after him, but I'm 99.9% confident it's the same guy 'cause the site looks familiar.

I'll let you know what I find out. I have a road trip this weekend but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Stu Spencer used to do them, now he buys the cobra hubs and brg from me. he can drill them for you if you want. 360-212-5292 or 360-883-2265 he is in washington state

Awesome. This just may be the cheapest hub swap I have done to date. Now, I just need to find them darn centric rings for the rotors.

I think I got the last set of his hubs for $150. I think they're more expensive now.
Anyway, does anyone have the specs for the hub-centric rings? I'm pretty sure I can have them made cheap at work...

Members online

No members online now.
Back