Need pop-up wind deflector replacement for moon roof

twinbopilot

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well hope everyone has been doing well in the new year.

My wind deflector broke on my moonroof. I'm referring to the factory one that stores beneath the moonroof and pops up when you open the roof. The Ford part # is xw4z54500a26aa. Its 500A26B on the following diagram:

225435683.jpg

Max at Five Star does not have it, and only three are shown to exist in Ford dealer inventory around the country.

Price with shipping is almost $100 :eek2: I can buy the entire moon roof assembly for that at the local yard! And they won't sell me just the deflector.

Does anyone have one they can sell? :confused:

Thanks in advance,
Mark

i'd try a different yard... gotta be plenty in Tx
Ur 100% correct, its just that the gigantic yards in Dallas won't tell you if they have a small part like that or not. If you can get by the thick spanish accent, you're lucky to find out if they even have any LS's in inventory. What it usually requires is taking a day to go down to junkyard row and physically walk the yards of each place until you find what you need.

The one I did find with the moonroof for $100 was advertised on CL, otherwise I'd never have known about it.

I'm lazy so I thought I'd check here first. :rolleyes:

Check out the pick'n'pull inventory. They usually have two or three LS's in the metro area. Yank it yourself and be merry.

Assuming I find one at a junkyard, does anyone know how to get the moon roof open to access the part I need with no power on the car? ie - no keys no battery?

I once removed a moonroof assembly from a Mark VIII at a junkyard. Had to drop the headliner and remove several bolts and trim pieces to get it out. I hope this won't be required in order to access the part.

The 928's I owned came with a factory tool kit and one of the things in it was a special wrench to open and close the roof manually. Pretty handy. Can this be done on an LS?

It maybe worth it to take a small 12V battery with you...

It maybe worth it to take a small 12V battery with you...

Good idea! I could access the moon roof motor and connect the battery directly to it. Just reverse polarity to open/close!

Well hope everyone has been doing well in the new year.

My wind deflector broke on my moonroof. I'm referring to the factory one that stores beneath the moonroof and pops up when you open the roof. The Ford part # is xw4z54500a26aa. Its 500A26B on the following diagram:

225435683.jpg

Max at Five Star does not have it, and only three are shown to exist in Ford dealer inventory around the country.

Price with shipping is almost $100 :eek2: I can buy the entire moon roof assembly for that at the local yard! And they won't sell me just the deflector.

Does anyone have one they can sell? :confused:

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Hey what link , I assume its a link, are you using for these exploded views?

Members online

No members online now.
Back