need advice, Marauder engine in Town car

V-Tally

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I got an opportunity to pick up a donor marauder for 2k. How big of a project is it, with a complete donor car, to swap the engine into an 06 Town car? the marauder has 16k miles, but is a salvage (side impact) that was repaired. I don't care for getting it registered, and will part it to make my money back if this can be done without too much headache.

Should be relatively easy
But I think saving it is the right thing to do
Search crownVic.net for swaps.

getting a clear title will be a PITA, it was repaired, except the guy never did the proper documenting of the repair- so no receipts and only after pictures. its basically a really nice parts car.

i agree, shouldn't be too bad of a swap. its always easier when you have both cars to pull parts from.

but i also like the idea of having a marauder over a town car. they are a rare car. assuming the repair job is done decently of course. if it was a hack job, part it.

got any pics of the marauder?

Well I'll be picking her up in a couple of hours if all is well when I go look at her. Wish me luck.

The car is rough, paint is faded and cracked, center console is cracked. Runs ok, has an exhaust leak. Underhood looks good alright. If he can get the paperwork to register it I might save it. If not I'm going to swap the motor into my car.

So I didn't pick the thing up. He never cleaned it out from his tools and other crap in the backseat and trunk (he was supposed to do that a week before). Woke me up this Friday and wanted to meet to finalize the deal, so I jumped up ripped my friend from what he was doing ran to the bank, and waited for the meet time. And waited. And called the guy, and called again. Wasted a day. Guy finally called me the next day saying he took a nap and someone died, but now I'm turned off from buying the car. Don't like to get jerked around, and the paperwork situation is looking more like a nightmare every day.

Members online

No members online now.
Back