Navigator or Escalade?

Navigatorboyz

LVC Member
Reaction score
What is better in your opinion, just a quick opinion. This probably has been posted before, but I just want to know your opinions between the Navigator & the Escalade. Thanks.

escalade before 2007, there is a post on here with a very unhappy 2007 owner. escalade esv, or ext by far.

sorry but escalade is way better in 2007. The escalade was just a rebadged chevy. Navigator for me.

Well the 2007 escalade does have many comments on it. Some good, some bad, but overall the truck is pretty nice. If I had a choice between the 2 I would definately choose the Navigator (2003-2004) I dont think the new bumpers for the (2005-2006) looked good.

Escalade www.truckinweb.com/brandpages/cadillac/0512tr_cad//photo_01.html[/IMG]

Navigator www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=26537[/url]

Copy and paste into the address bar

I go with the Navigator, It has a more planted stance and it seems much heavier duty ( Better Built ) I look at the interior of the escalades looks too plasticy compared to the Navigators. Navigator has a floor shift and independent rear suspensions so it will feel more like a car than a truck. I still don't see escalades with that yet.

http://www.truckinweb.com/brandpages/cadillac/0512tr_cad//photo_01.html#
http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/chicago/navi/1.jpg

Well the 2007 navigator isn't that bad. I still like it, but the 03-06 navis kill the escalade in looks. They even better then the 2007 escalade.

i personally feel they both have their own qualities. the escalade has a very nice exterior, especially the ext. but the inside lacks for me, im sorry. the navigator has a lot more luxury as far as the interior goes and the exterior with the right wheels is perfect. i family owns an 04, so im gonna say navigator because we havnt had a problem with it in nearly the three years we've had it.

you can pay around 55-60,000 for 6.2 liter 400hp v8 with big chrome 22's

or pay about 5000 les and get a 5.4 liter 300hp v8 with a big chrome grille

the escalade has way more options and can tow more too

your mistaken, teh escalade cant tow more, and it cant tow worth :q:q:q:q
we hitched up a 6k pound Mastercraft behind it and it shifted so much on the hiway my dad pulled over and had my mom bring our E-350 there because the tranny in the escalade was melting
and this is in NEBRASKA
we are FLAT
anyways, they both have their perks, but our escalade has been garbage IMO
it rides worse than a 1 ton pickup, the seats are designed backwards, the center where your weight is is hard and teh side bolster things are soft as it gets
the interior has many hard plastics that you could see in a cavalier, its just rubbish
lets not forget the navi has a real transfer case

just my 2 cents
also, for the almost 10 grand you can save on a navi, Ford offers a supercharger as a dealer option for the 3 valve 5.4, 6500$ installed, 450 ponies 500 torques
and this supercharger is backed up in the warranty
ill take mine in dark amethyst

Style i would get 03 escalade EXT buddy has that such a sexy exterior rest of the escalades are pretty ugly. I hate the new escalades and navi's. But navi does have a much better interior and ride. It would be tough decision between 02-05 navi and 02-05 ext.

in all honesty it's a no-brainer.Escalade hands down.the Lincoln is weak on power,looks ugly in the nose,and rear.it has no direction in terms of what message it's sending.looks too confusing in all directions.the dash-board looks like a 1974 Lincoln Town Car,seats look odd,and the materials look cheap .getting back to those weak power trains,man the 5.4litre V8 is a marshmallow in terms of power,and acceleration.In short,the gator gets their doors blown off.You can admire the stance of the Navigator all you want,but real folks want power,and power is one thing the gator lacks.You can be chilling all you want in that ugly truck,but when you see me at the red light,dont try something stupid,because you'll embarass yourself.Chill all you want, in that rust-bucket of a truck,but in the end,you'll be chasing taillights with a Cadillac Wreath and Crest.Haters will continue to drive Lincolns.;)

your mistaken, teh escalade cant tow more, and it cant tow worth :q:q:q:q
we hitched up a 6k pound Mastercraft behind it and it shifted so much on the hiway my dad pulled over and had my mom bring our E-350 there because the tranny in the escalade was melting

Tow an 8000lb Ranger Commanche at least 4-5 times a year for an 8 hour trip back and forth and couldnt be happier with it. Does an awesome job.

go with the escalade..............

vacaton2006 las vegas 049.jpg

vacaton2006 las vegas 052.jpg

Disclaimer here as I do own a Navigator.

I personally like them both, but it came down to what my wife wants. We had a 2004 Navigator and when it came time to sell I left the decision up to her. I was rootin' for the 'lade but she opened the door and said nope. I had to somewhat agree. Interior wise the Navi does it better except for the ugly guage cluster. That one I'll give you. The leather is about the same in quality but the comfort is a little nicer, or it just fits us better. What I can't excuse the 'lade for is the fake would and the terrible door panels. Fake wood in a almost $70k vehicle and door panels out of a chevy pickup, come on. Also the fact that there is no console shift bugs me. I here that the Platinum edition will get the console shift, but to me that's where the good lord intended it to be.

As for the 'lade I do love the outside styling. I think Cadillac got the front right. No question. Cadillac should've invested in the rear suspension though. Seeing that these things don't go off road if at all there is no reason other than money to not have independent rear suspension. Man folding the seats into the floor never gets old. Hauling seats out does.

Power, well lets not discuss it. Caddilac wins. What I can say is that the six speed transmission in the Navi does feel like it has a lower gear in first through third so for us Navi crowd it is better than the old four speed. Also the Navi uses a 3:73 rear end while the 'lade uses a much taller ratio. Too bad you guys didn't get a 3:7? rear end. Imagine how much jump your trucks would have, especially with the 403hp.

Now about the price. For us is was a $11000.00 difference when we bought our Navi a few months ago. I didn't deal hard on a 'lade because my wife had pretty much already decided on the Navi, but I thought that if I could get it close to the Escalade then maybe I would get one, but nope. $11000.00 is a lot of cash but I am sure with persistance I could have gotten it closer but not close enough for me.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope that I am not taken as slamming the Escalade as it is a great vehicle but it just wasn't for us. I do wish we had the aftermarket parts you guys do. There's nothing out there for us. Good luck and happy new years.
DSC00991-1.gif

DSC00965.gif

You have a beautiful truck-
We just picked up the Black Monotone Limited Edition MKX. Had an 03 Navi and I don't make as much money now as I used to... Long story, but I see oyu have the two-tone interior Limited Edition as well. Nice choice. I see two dozen Escalades a day. A new Navi maybe once a week, I think that adds to the "wow, what is that?" factor.

07+ id take an ext over any lincoln.

That's not quite apples to apples comparison though. Your should be comparing yourself to a Lincoln LT just as much if not more than a Navigator.

This is a really good thread.

I have been on both sides...owned a 03 Navi Ultimate and now I have just got an 06 Caddy EXT. My cousin had a 02 Escalade for about a year or so now.

I see a lot of the points and I'm going back and forth. There were tons of things I liked about the Navi but there are tons of things I like about the Caddy too. I knew I didn't want the SUV body any more so the EXT was the only way to go. I don't see a lot of the EXTs and to me they just look really big and "Presidential" IMO. I have 24s on mine so it sits pretty good. I guess I just really like that body, more so than having the LT.

The Navi just felt really big and heavy driving it around and I didn't like the air ride. I felt my cousins 02 with 85K on it rode better than my 03 Nav with 65K. His was a lot more quiet inside also. Pulling off from a stop light the Navi feels so slow, the Caddy seems to just run off.

Not sure but I do agree that some of the Caddy stuff should be better though.

I got a 06 EXT with 35K on it and so far I'm loving it.

Members online

Back