Navigator 2000 gear shifter does not go to Park

john19999

LVC Member
Reaction score
My navigator 2000 with only 62K miles was perfectly fine until last night that when I stopped in gaurage and tried to move the gear shifter to Park, I could not m,ove. I can move the shifter to neutral and drive. I can move to Reverse or Drive. Any idea what is this issue. What could be the cause. And what should I expect cost to get it fixed. Should I take to dealer or some transmission shop?

Thanks
John

i would play wioth it a little more, try and see if it is just something clumsy you are missing, push the button in on the shifter, otherwise is that a center console shifter of a column shifter?

I'd try playing with it too. Try going to neutral and also twisting the key.

Danny,

Thank you so much for your response. The navigator 2000 has column shifter. There is a button at the end of the shifter used for overdrive on or off. I tried to turn the swith on or off, but nothing worked. Now I can turn shifter to D or R but not to park. Seems that the shifter is not well alligned to D or R. I still can not change to Park. Anyone faced similar issue to please share information.

Thanks
John

I took navigator to dealership and they changed cable between shifter and transmission. Total cost including tax was $355

Thanks
John

Did the shifter feel loose and sloppy? There are a few torx screws that secure the bell crank to the shift tube on the steering column under the dash. They sometimes work loose which causes the cable to not move properly. The solution is to remove them and re-install with a little lock tight.

Best regards,
Frank

Members online

No members online now.
Back