My new toy, 1995 sierra

Alax7

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I got this from my uncle's, since I need a car while my LS is still out. It's been in storage since 96, was only used for about a year. My family kept in in our garage since 98 when my uncle went back to Mexico, so I know it's been in storage for a LONG time. It hasn't been driven since them until now. All that needed fixing was the fuel pump had disintegrated and the gas tank had rusted or something similar to it. Bought a new fuel tank and pump and she started, with a little help. Now she runs great, I have been using it for a week now.

My uncle use to compete with his audio system, he won quite a few trophies. This was too much for me so I took it all out. It took me 6 hours to take everything out, it was a freaken pain. A lot of custom work went into this truck, A LOT!!!! The truck has potential, it looks a lot better to me now then how my uncle had it. I dont know where he got a lot he stuff from, but it looked like he went to autozone and bought all the accessories from there. I took them all off and she looks a lot cleaner now.

The paint is real nice since it's been garaged since 96.

A few pics of the before and after. Oh and I also had a bassani muffler installed today. I just had the muffler put in place of the stock one, but will later do the whole exhaust with new piping from the cats because they jacked up the exhaust, it's am ugly maze down there.

It has a 5.7L V8, fun :D, with only 10k miles, believe it or not. It was basically a new car with those miles so I couldn't let my uncle give it away, so I bought it from him, better to stay in the family :cool:

Currently the spoiler is on, but I'm going to take it off now, now that I can access the truck bed cover to unbolt it.

Before

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

DSCN0537.jpg

DSCN0539.jpg

After de-autozoning

DSCN0923.jpg

DSCN0922.jpg

DSCN0921.jpg

DSCN0920.jpg

DSCN0919.jpg

DSCN0918.jpg

DSCN0915.jpg

DSCN0916.jpg

DSCN0924.jpg

Old school sport truck......sweet, these are one of my top body styles for trucks.

you should remove the spoiler and running board flare combo, lower it and new rims...take that thing into the modern sport truck scene....

hows the system hit? Is it ported into the truck?

Lmao @ the spoilers and bodykit. Sorry but that thing is hideous. You have a lot more work to do.

Nice buy! It looks way better than I was expecting. Did you blast the sound system before you took it all out?

That truck is/was def mexified, no offense. Looks alot better now though. And that o/s rf equipment is worth some dough.

Congrats on the truck.
It's coming along nicely, you doing a good job. Definitely looks a ton better without all the extra plastic on it. I am sure you will turn the truck around with it's looks.

looks a hell of a lot diffrent now! Good job your going in the right direction for sure.

Looking at that truck is like going through a time machine, and the 90's are back. Weird. I hope you did crank that stereo at least once before you took it out.

Is the bumper supposed to stick out that far? It just kind of bugs me on the looks of the whole thing. Definitely better without the plastic on it. Look even better without the spoilter when that happens.

I like the paint on it. Not sure how crazy I am about the running boards. I like the rear look it has.

You definitely improved it... What was up with those windows deflector things?! hahahaha

Dude that system was bangen for the 90s. Did you really rip it out?

Those old school RF amps are worth a lot... Just saying if they work you can sell that stuff for a good bit.

So are you completely gutting the bed or what?

I was like oh thats cool, thats cool, thats cool.. OH MY GOD.. :,) Subs and Amps in the bed.. Freakin awesome! Deff Old school ride. Back in the day that would be like one of the rich kids at school whos mommy and daddy bought them a brand new truck, Painted it all over to look pretty and gave him a killer sound system. Deff a old school chick magnet ! Lol awesome truck

Old school sport truck......sweet, these are one of my top body styles for trucks.

you should remove the spoiler and running board flare combo, lower it and new rims...take that thing into the modern sport truck scene....

hows the system hit? Is it ported into the truck?

The system hit hard. It has 6 batteries total, 2 in the front and 2 in the back. The ones in the back are 15 years old so the system wasn't connected while I've been using it, but I didn't wired the system up once to see how it sounded, DAMN!!!!!!! And yeah, that huge box was ported into the cabin. I'm going to do a small box portd into the cabin with only 2 12's not 16 :rolleyes:

Lmao @ the spoilers and bodykit. Sorry but that thing is hideous. You have a lot more work to do.

I guess it was IN back then. I dont like it either. The bed cover has actuators to lift them, they are controled through an extra button on the alarm's remote, an aux, but we couldn't get to open. The spoiler is screwed on from the inside so I couldn't just rip if off. Turns out the actuators were wired to the sound system, but since that wasn't connected, the actuators didn't have power either. I will definitely take it off soon now that I got it opened though, it's not a look I really like, but it reminds me of the old roadrunner spoiler

http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...b=137kp60ie&sigi=13eb054dp&.crumb=csadXIVCmGG

Nice buy! It looks way better than I was expecting. Did you blast the sound system before you took it all out?

I did blasted, I turned it up a good volume, then my dad said, " No, let me show you" then he really blasted it, :q:q:q:q it was loud. :eek:

That truck is/was def mexified, no offense. Looks alot better now though. And that o/s rf equipment is worth some dough.

No offense taken and yeah, it was mexified, I would call it the Chunti truck, chunti meanig like old school mexican with the hat and boots.lol. But now that's it almost clean, my girlfried said call it big blue, I like it.

Is the bumper supposed to stick out that far? It just kind of bugs me on the looks of the whole thing. Definitely better without the plastic on it. Look even better without the spoilter when that happens.

I like the paint on it. Not sure how crazy I am about the running boards. I like the rear look it has.

The truck actually has 2 bumpers. The stock chrome bumper is still mounted and the body kit bumper just sits over it and stick outs pretty far, like a fat lip.

You definitely improved it... What was up with those windows deflector things?! hahahaha

Dude that system was bangen for the 90s. Did you really rip it out?

Those old school RF amps are worth a lot... Just saying if they work you can sell that stuff for a good bit.

So are you completely gutting the bed or what?

I'm telling you, he went to autozone and bought all the accessories available. :D

Yeah I ripped it out. It was cool, but way to much system for me. Everything works and the amps are real clean. I have found little info on then and I guess people are still on the hunt for this old school fosgate amps but it's hard to find them in good condition and with the end caps. These amps feel solid!

I was like oh thats cool, thats cool, thats cool.. OH MY GOD.. :,) Subs and Amps in the bed.. Freakin awesome! Deff Old school ride. Back in the day that would be like one of the rich kids at school whos mommy and daddy bought them a brand new truck, Painted it all over to look pretty and gave him a killer sound system. Deff a old school chick magnet ! Lol awesome truck

I'm sure it was a chick magnet, I guess he liked to really enjoy his hobbies and went out out with his system.

Yea you scored big on this thing. All of that old RF Punch equip can make you some good money.

If it all works, I think those 500M PP amps can go for $300+ each.

Then you have that large one that is linked on the bottom, can't make out what it is though. But again if it works, you are in the greenzone.

Do you know what those woofers are?

Yea you scored big on this thing. All of that old RF Punch equip can make you some good money.

Then you have that large one that is linked on the bottom, can't make out what it is though. But again if it works, you are in the greenzone.

The lower ones are 250m's and the subs are alpine 12' 6012ex subs, rated at 400w rms. That's what he told me.

I dont blame you for taking the system out, maybe I'm getting old but that is waaaay too much and out dated. Those amps were highly sought after back in the day and I still wouldnt mind having one. Let me know if you plan on selling them. Nice ride, low miles!

Yeah they all work. I tested it before taking it all out and is all going on sale.

I dont blame you for taking the system out, maybe I'm getting old but that is waaaay too much and out dated. Those amps were highly sought after back in the day and I still wouldnt mind having one. Let me know if you plan on selling them. Nice ride, low miles!

Yeah it is outdate but it sounded real good. I'm going to just keep 2 subs and keep it simple.

And yeah they are going on sale.

The lower ones are 250m's and the subs are alpine 12' 6012ex subs, rated at 400w rms. That's what he told me.

Yup

Thats actually a badass truck for being a gmc and from 95.

The truck actually has 2 bumpers. The stock chrome bumper is still mounted and the body kit bumper just sits over it and stick outs pretty far, like a fat lip.

LOL, yeah. Forrest Gump started playing through my head when I saw that bumper... "I know all there is to know 'bout the shrimpin' business"

DSCN0935.jpg

DSCN0936.jpg

2 of these were in the truck :eek:

DSCN0937.jpg

DSCN0938.jpg

DSCN0939.jpg

I also wired back the actuators to lift the top and I took off the giant spoiler. Looks cleaner, but now there are 2 unpainted spots where the spoiler was.

Wait... What are all of those cylinder things?

Noway those were tons of capacitors...?

Wonder what the chances of cutting a scab out of a donor truck bed in the junkyard is and welding it back over the hole there. Then you just have a weld seam to deal with, which could be hidden easily enough.

It would suck to have to scrap the old bed or have some kludged up sheet metal patchwork.

Members online

Back