My new ride

markviii96

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well guys I got rid of my grand prix, but still have the mark viii. I know its not a mark but I got myself an 03 dodge ram hemi. Here are pics of it. Just thought I would share.
Cleantruck1.gif

Cleantruck2.gif

nice, i always wanted one of them lol. Any plans like a lift kit or keepin it stock?

I might get a leveling kit, rims, and bigger tires. But if I lift it it wont fit in my garage and I hate working on things outside or having others work on them. But I do have a mod sheet, just not lift :D.... Exhaust, tint, hid's, rear sliding window, rims, tires, CAI or functional ram air hood just to name a few

^ hope you have a tune and some performance upgrades to it! get rid of the chrome fuel door and wheel moldings. and black it out. put on some viper rims and drive the **** out of it. :D

just my .02 only lift old truck. these new truck have so much potential with the motors in there.

maybe drop a SRT 10 motor in that? hahaha :cool:

Oh A superchip is on the list for sure. The problem is I have an 03 and that was 1st year of the hemi. Programming it isn't as good as the new models. I really like my chrome fuel door and handles (now), but the wheel trim might come off to put on flares.

My father has the IDENTICAL truck. That's what he bought when he sold the Collector's Edition. He beats the f**k out of it! He's done 2 trips to the Carolina's, a trip to Georgia, 4 trips to the Fl. Keys & his day to day driving when he's not working.

I'm NOT a Dodge fan but I admit, it's a good truck. It's solid, sounds sweet & it's FAST!

I like Dodge trucks, but I gotta tell you, my brother has one of the limited edition 2004 Dodge 1500 Rumble Bee and he has had nothing but problems. Brake issues, broken valve springs, transmission problems, exhaust issues causing CELs all the time, etc, etc.

BTW, he has less than 40,000 miles on the truck!

I like Dodge trucks, but I gotta tell you, my brother has one of the limited edition 2004 Dodge 1500 Rumble Bee and he has had nothing but problems. Brake issues, broken valve springs, transmission problems, exhaust issues causing CELs all the time, etc, etc.

BTW, he has less than 40,000 miles on the truck!

thats one of the problems you run into with Dodge. they are hit and miss.

Mine has 87000 miles on it and only problem I have had is lower ball joints BUT those were the factory stuff, with no grease fittings. But the valve springs were a problem with these trucks and they are hit/miss like you said. I love dodge trucks and the only one I would might trade it for is the svt raptor but I don't have almost 60k to buy one of those.

thats one of the problems you run into with Dodge. they are hit and miss.

exactly, occasionally you get a cherry that runs forever, many times though you get a lemon with Dodges.

good luck with your new purchase ,it looks real nice

Oh A superchip is on the list for sure. The problem is I have an 03 and that was 1st year of the hemi. Programming it isn't as good as the new models. I really like my chrome fuel door and handles (now), but the wheel trim might come off to put on flares.
Bad move with the Superchips. Get an SCT XcalIII. If its new it will have the latest and greatest files on it and make the best power.

That being said I always really wanted to like Dodge trucks but instead I really hate them. By far the most problematic trucks we have to work on here. So many different issues too. Make sure to keep a few hundred bucks handy for when the throttle body motor breaks cause it will.
Also a good idea to pull the blower out of the dash and clean it. They get lots of crap dropped in them and then vibrate the whole dash like an unbalanced washing machine.
Keep on top of the front wheel bearings and the brakes all around. Also keep on top of the trans as they suck. Do regular service on it or it will fail. Check its fluid first though cause if the fluid is nasty then start saving for a new trans.

Members online

Back