My Lincoln Mark VIII 97 Cordovan (repainted)

02LS8Lincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well guys I just got my car back from the shop. I repainted the front and passenger side. I think they did a real good job matching the paint. Here are the pics.

mycordo1.gif

mycordo2.gif

mycordo3.gif

Looks great! But let me ask Cordovan is a color of a shoe polish. Right? Could of saved a lot of money and bought some Kiwi! haha Just kidding

why only part of it? and for christ sakes will you buy a digital camera lol, or get a better camera phone, man my lg shine takes sick pics for a fone!!!

I know my camera phone sucks ill take better pics with my digital camera. Im going to install the wheels and tires soon most probably on Tuesday......so stay tuned. Jamie about why I only painted part of it b/c it was where the paint was bad. I didnt want to ruin the stock paint which is in perfect conditions.

I'll be doing the same thing in the spring, mine had been repainted on the passenger side in the past and they did not do a great job. I plan on getting both bumpers repainted as well as the passenger side door and quarter. The rest of the paint is mint.

I just washed my car 2 days ago, my paint is very glossy, very shiny.............. but my car's a lawn ornament now! :) Just towed it 2 days ago to my grandparent's house where it'll stay parked for the next 3 months.

wow Alex theres gotta be something that can be done for your car. Whats up with the tranny how come you dont want to put it on? You're scared that Frank sold you a fouled up tranny? I mean what are the chances it might be a real good transmission. I say go for it and strap that tranny in. On my case I have a pretty bad scenario also. It seems like my oil pan just keeps getting worst. Now its leaking pretty drastic. Ive found acouple of pans for sale but something is making me hesitate on getting them. I dont know what it is. I guess im just scared on having to realize that this car is so rusted that swapping the oil pan is just impossible. Think about it I have to bring down the k-member or lift the engine, and with all them rusted out bolts, I think its impossible. Im confused and dont know what to do right now.

I have torn apart 3 MN native Marks... they will come apart. I would suggest spraying some kind of lube into the frame where the k member bolts go through as one of those spining will ruin your week...

Also a 6 point 9/16" socket fits perfectly on the k frame bolts... no need to go buy a fancy socket.

wow Alex theres gotta be something that can be done for your car. Whats up with the tranny how come you dont want to put it on? You're scared that Frank sold you a fouled up tranny? I mean what are the chances it might be a real good transmission. I say go for it and strap that tranny in. On my case I have a pretty bad scenario also. It seems like my oil pan just keeps getting worst. Now its leaking pretty drastic. Ive found acouple of pans for sale but something is making me hesitate on getting them. I dont know what it is. I guess im just scared on having to realize that this car is so rusted that swapping the oil pan is just impossible. Think about it I have to bring down the k-member or lift the engine, and with all them rusted out bolts, I think its impossible. Im confused and don't know what to do right now.

Dude like I told you on the phone, way too many things on my plate going against me right now. The only thing that can help me is MONEY which I don't have so my Mark will stay put for months. I'll continue using my truck as I was before the Mark ever came along. The BEST news I did get a couple days ago is seeing my suspension rise so it made me happy, the front doesn't last more than 4-5 hours when parked but overall it's one less thing I have to worry about when the transmission is done. It just took quite a few cycles since it had been sitting for so long.
About your k member? I have some hardcore penetrating spray (not Vaseline, lol) that is used by aircraft mechanics. Got my hands on it through a friend. Don't have much left but just enough to loosen up those stubborn bolts. I would spray them & let them sit overnight like that then spray them again in the morning & proceed taking them off. They should come right off with that spray causing no damage & keeping you a happy camper.

ditch the camera phone, and the snowflakes while your at it.

Keep the camera phone but don't use it on your car anymore :) I know the snowflakes are coming off soon so that i won't bust your chops about. lol

Alex good news I just got hooked up with a 98 oil pan for 100.00 bucks. Bought it from some dude over on TCCOA.

Looking real goo mang! Car is coming along very nicely!

Members online

Back