My ipod install

Machspeed

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well after two weeks of sitting apart waiting for parts, cleaning, painting and fixing stuff, I now have IPOD capability. The sound through my OEM system is impressive, even to the ear of my 16 year old son. Many thanks to LS4me, Joeychgo and others who chimed in to answer my multitude of questions.

dscn0009.jpgdscn0008.jpg

One note....don't know why the IPOD Mount appears a different color in the picture then the console, but it is not. Kinda screwy actually, as both are black and you can't tell a difference between them when looking at them. Must be the way they absorb light from the flash. As to the mount, it fits perfectly wrapping itself around the edge of the console. No glue or screws are holding it.

dscn0009.jpg

dscn0008.jpg

No problem and.........Looks very, very nice!!

BTW Mike, I found the paint in Walmart of all places. Just as you stated, it is a little lighter than the factory silver but hardly noticeable. I wanted to paint everything with it, but just like you did not want to mask off all that stuff....close enough.

Say Mike, this is a bit anal, but do you know if certain decals such as the parking brake decal can be purchased?

dscn0006.jpg

dscn0006.jpg

Yeah, but the IPOD was free. Son's hand-me-down and I'm still learning how to use it. Technologically challenged here.....LOL!

hahaha gotchaaa, im teaching my dad how to use his iphone too , once you master that the ipad shouldn't be harder , apple makes the same sht ever year :p

BTW Mike, I found the paint in Walmart of all places. Just as you stated, it is a little lighter than the factory silver but hardly noticeable. I wanted to paint everything with it, but just like you did not want to mask off all that stuff....close enough.

Say Mike, this is a bit anal, but do you know if certain decals such as the parking brake decal can be purchased?

View attachment 828465704

I got the decals for the stock intake from Tasca......

Very nice. Never looked at those Kuda holders before. I need to do the adapter thing for my THX system sometime..... money and time. Never enough of each.

Very nice. Never looked at those Kuda holders before. I need to do the adapter thing for my THX system sometime..... money and time. Never enough of each.

Thanks! Yeah, I know. I looked at doing this three, maybe four years ago but never got around to it. Too bad too, because these PIE kits are becoming somewhat scarce and subsequently more expensive. A few years ago I could have had that PIE kit for around $80. It cost me $115 a couple weeks ago and I had a hard time finding it. I did get a heck of a deal on the Kuda holder, though. Which, btw, I really like. It forms perfectly to the console without screws, tape etc. Still can't get over the sound.....even better than a CD.

Members online

No members online now.
Back