My D/S door handle won't open my door...

Dr. Paul

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So, I unlocked my 98 VIII today with the remote, and pulled on the door handle... nothing. :(

The door opens fine from the inside, but it looks like this outside door handle is no longer attached. Methinks one of the little plastic clips broke.

So, is this common? Are Mark VIII door panels a PIA to remove? (cuz it looks like it)

HELP!

Paul.

they are really easy to remove, do you want me to post a diagram from my cd ? i had to take mine apart recently, and will have to do it again soon as well.

here we go, hope it helps:

door1.jpg

door2.jpg

door3.jpg

door4.jpg

wish I had known this a month ago. Went to town, couldn't get back in driver's side door, was happy passenger side opened. Took car to mechanic and he said, oh yeah, the handle is completely broken. Cost me $147.50 for the handle which he ordered and the service to replace on my 96 Mark VIII. Even worse, (of course there is the keypad), the handles are no longer painted. So here I had a beautiful red car and a silver handle insert. Yes, I painted it, but hopefully, if you can do it yourself, paint the handle prior to installation.

Members online

No members online now.
Back