My cold air intake for my '93 Mark Viii

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
Did this today. Coulda done better, but my back was really hurting me.

Enjoy

2011-08-14_17-57-23_179.jpg

2011-08-14_17-57-38_288.jpg

2011-08-14_20-21-12_774.jpg

2011-08-14_20-21-21_288.jpg

2011-08-14_20-21-37_475.jpg

2011-08-14_20-21-56_328.jpg

I think somewhere down the line, I'll build a better one off the measurements of this one, maybe out of aluminum. I built this one out of sheet steel I had laying around. I probably have about $100 bucks in parts/material in it all together.

I think it turned out okay. What do you all think?

It really doesn't have much play to it when you rev the engine. I did think of that during the building of it. Good call though... but wow those hoses are big money. I guess my motor mounts are still pretty fair. Even so, the length of the intake adds for a small amount of give since it goes all the way back to the firewall.

Nope. Same factory piece. Just with a flange bolted to the front side of it to hold the filter. I just removed the MAF from the stock airbox

I considered fully enclosing mine, but realized it would be a PITA to attach the filter.

what length filter is that? I have been thinking of doing this mod, and was wondering what I needed to make this work.

Just a standard spectre blue filter from the shelf at advance auto parts. Not the long one.

80mm maf adapter from www.kustomz.com

3.5" to 4" silicone adapter from ebay

4" 45-degree pipe/elbow from advance auto

4" to 4" silicone spectre coupler from advance auto parts

2 3.5"/4" hose clamps from the hardware store

Pretty much it. Besides the sheetmetal box I had to hand make

Just a standard spectre blue filter from the shelf at advance auto parts. Not the long one.

80mm maf adapter from www.kustomz.com

3.5" to 4" silicone adapter from ebay

4" 45-degree pipe/elbow from advance auto

4" to 4" silicone spectre coupler from advance auto parts

2 3.5"/4" hose clamps from the hardware store

Pretty much it. Besides the sheetmetal box I had to hand make

Looks good, nice work!
Do you have any idea how much this will give the car in hp? I have been looking at the same mod, but I want to know how much this gives....

Not a clue! LOL

Car hasn't been completely fixed yet to be road-worthy, so I haven't gotten it inspected and got my rebuilt title yet. Once I do, I will def. Be going to the track before the season is over!

Never had it on the dyno, but if it runs faster than 14.9x @ 93mph I will know it made some sort of difference. If I could get the car to launch exactly the same each time, it was very consistent in ET and MPH.

But, being open differential, it was difficult at times depending on the length of the burnout and if I could avoid the majority of the waterbox. Heck, now that my suspension is fixed in front, it might go 2 tenths quicker just because it drives straight! LOL

Hey - sorry to bring up such an old post. But I've been looking to make a box or sheild for my Mark. And didn't want to pay $229.99 for one. So, would you kindly, tell me or DM me tbr specifications for your sheild? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.
Back