My 99 Conti

Lincolnal

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I love my 99 Conti I've had it for 4 years . I've put alot of blood & sweat in it . Two Yes 2 Transmissions and fixed alot of broken things. I also have a 00 TownCar . Well the Conti has broken my heart. It broke a front coil spring. Ok no big deal ( I thought ) I went to buy a new pair

You can't buy the springs you can buy the strut by it's self . The only option is to buy the whole assembly from Ford . To the tune of about 1000 a side . I ended up getting one from a salvage yard meaning i'm on borrowed time

Tires wear out the inner edges because there is no camber setting to correct the camber angle. Other than that it's a beautiful car I like it . But I have giving up on it My TownCar doesn't have none of those issues . Just wished it had some of the features the Conti have that i'm going to miss

you can replace the front ones with passive struts which is cheaper, just put a load resistor in lieu of the dampener control. it will run you maybe $500 for both.
my 98 is built like a tank, i owned it for 10yrs and going strong (bought it used in 2006)..

Considering the significant investment you have in the car, I would attempt to find some reasonable cure. If the racing community can change from struts to torsion bars surely someone can devise a reliable and adjustable setup. I get your dilemma and I sympathize, but wouldn't give up until I had talked to everyone from A to Z. Look at how inventive the MkVIII community is when doing the air bags and using different styles to make them work. Good luck, that's a great car for cruising.

Buy used coils from outside the rust belt. Springs are a lifetime part down here and in the west. I can only imagine what the rest of your undercarriage must look like though -- salt sucks!

Buy used coils from outside the rust belt. Springs are a lifetime part down here and in the west. I can only imagine what the rest of your undercarriage must look like though -- salt sucks!

The car as a whole is not too bad . I had rust fixed that is coming back again on the dog legs . I'd like to keep it and do all it take to make it perfect . But I feel head over hills in love with my 2000 Towncar . All it needs ( cosmeticly ) is a new vinal roof . No rust, electrical gremlins, no rack & pinion problems, and no wearing out tires because of no camber adjustment, that the Conti has

Members online

No members online now.
Back