My 95 sts owned a Mark VIII

mcf1000x2003

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was on my way home fom Dallas when a mark VIII drives next to me on the highway at first i pay no mind then i notice him accelerate fast then he slowed down next to me I waived and gestured on 3 on the 3rd honk we take off and i get him off of the 50 mph roll and got him by a 1 1/2 car lengths at about 130 when i shut it down

That's what we need. A little Lincoln vs Cadillac action. Somebody should start a website for Lincoln and Caddy guys to do some jaw'n.

J/K. Good kill.:steering

mcf1000x2003 said:
I waived and gestured on 3 on the 3rd honk we take off and i get him off of the 50 mph roll

While you were waiving and gesturing... I blew by both of ya... :Beer

On the highway I think RWD VS FWD won't matter as much as off the line. I would like to see this race from a stop light.

Also the Mark may have had higher mileage, weak fuel pump and or an old clogged filter. I ran my friends ETC when i first got my Mark nd I killed from a dead stop, roll, all over.

I not putting the markVIII down it gave me a good race.My STS is not completely stock but ive done nothing major only a custom intake with a heat shield and magnaflow mufflers but im not sure if i was stock there would have been much difference in the outcome

Did a simple tuneup on mine with a slipping tranny and gained 2 1/2 mph. Should gain even more tonight with the tranny fixed.

Fact is Fact.The Northstar is faster than the Lincoln's 4.6.My boss has a 1998 LSC.I have beaten him countless times with it.As well as my brothers LSC.Both from a rolling start and a stop light.A Mark 8 has never seen the 6 second range for the 0-60 stock.Theres not many Northstars that don't see that range.The slowest Northstar I have ever heard of was in a Deville that ran a 7.2 0-60 and a 15.4 1/4 mile.The fastest stock Mark that I know of was a 1998 LSC that ran a 7 flat 0-60 and a 15.2 1/4 mile.Stock for stock the Northstar is faster.Yes,even at the stop light the FWD Northstar is,except in one case,faster than the RWD Lincoln.MCF,congrats on your triumph.

I have two buddies that decided they wanted to see who was faster.

Adam has a 97 STS, Jeb has a 97 LSC, both are bone stock.

From a roll, and from a stop, the STS had him.

Caddies have a 3:71 gear ratio. A good race would be the Mark with 3:73's. Probably would be a tie.

CpeVillStr90 said:
Fact is Fact.The Northstar is faster than the Lincoln's 4.6.My boss has a 1998 LSC.I have beaten him countless times with it.As well as my brothers LSC.Both from a rolling start and a stop light.A Mark 8 has never seen the 6 second range for the 0-60 stock.Theres not many Northstars that don't see that range.The slowest Northstar I have ever heard of was in a Deville that ran a 7.2 0-60 and a 15.4 1/4 mile.The fastest stock Mark that I know of was a 1998 LSC that ran a 7 flat 0-60 and a 15.2 1/4 mile.Stock for stock the Northstar is faster.Yes,even at the stop light the FWD Northstar is,except in one case,faster than the RWD Lincoln.MCF,congrats on your triumph.

You better change your fastest Mark VIII stock to mine, I ran 14.651 at 97.21 just a few weeks ago in my 94 and I have the slips to prove it. Gen I Mark VIII's are faster than Gen II's. Send a stock STS on down, I would be glad to race it.

CpeVillStr90 said:
A Mark 8 has never seen the 6 second range for the 0-60 stock.Theres not many Northstars that don't see that range.The slowest Northstar I have ever heard of was in a Deville that ran a 7.2 0-60 and a 15.4 1/4 mile.The fastest stock Mark that I know of was a 1998 LSC that ran a 7 flat 0-60 and a 15.2 1/4 mile.
The devilles 275 hp is a northstar right? If it is, the 0-60 is 7.7 sec. Gen 1 marks are below 7 seconds.

Members online

Back